Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
WARNING: Very annoying subject

Does anyone here have any idea as to how you can create a working DP vehicle? All my attempts have ended up in (non-lethal) game crashes and proficient displays of wierdness.

E.G:
-the wheels get stuck iside the bonnet
-the wheels turn in the wrong direction
-the program simply crashes
-the wheel - even turning in the wrong direction have no purchase on a basic non-modified(no material) surface even though they are touching it.

Could somebody please (attempt) to explain the origin of this infuriating bug or at least help me find it's origin?

If you need the source code or any files, just ask.

<?>
thyr
Years of Service
User Offline
So do I. I've benn trying to make a vehicle from a box and 4 spheres but I can get it to work properly. The wheels spin in different direction from movement!

Anyone has made some vehicle?

I am a Maverick hunter. Never know when they're acting against you.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 20:08 Edited at: 24th Feb 2007 20:10
Your vehicle is simply made incorrectly. Search around, there is a post about how to make your vehicle.

If an example works, then it is possible. The vehicle DP examples do work, therefore it is clearly possible.

Quote: "the wheels get stuck iside the bonnet"

What the hell is a 'bonnet' in regard to a vehicle?

Come see the WIP!
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 21:52
Quote: "What the hell is a 'bonnet' in regard to a vehicle?"

It's the bonnet!, the uhm boot(trunk) that coverts the engine on a front engine car

And I agree I had a little dabble with the vehicles in DP and coulden't get more than a collection of cubes randomly rotating around, but I didn't try very hard.

Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What the hell is a 'bonnet' in regard to a vehicle?"

In American its a hood, In English its a bonnet

p.s the trunk is the boot

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
no one
Years of Service
User Offline
I would just like to say that I used "fix object pivot", and after a bit of experiments, I found that the command is totally ignored(or, to say it otherwise, undone) by the physics engine.

The only part of DP that recognises the *fixed* default angles of objects is the character controller(not even the rigid body system!)

<?>

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:00:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:00:10