Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / TPS Foil Factory

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 08:40
This game was made for the Caiman TPS 2 Compo. It's my 3rd game created in DBPro and it's kind of platformer game. The main thing of almost every level is to deliver foil and find some iteams. For controls see the readme file. I hope you like it . Any comments are welcome

BTW some people had problems with cartoon shader on ATI cards, but there's a disable/enable shader option in menu -> options for that.

Screenies:

download:
[href]http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=88930 [/href]
http://www.filefactory.com/file/580a02/
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 13:18
Looks cool, will have to give it a try later - can I just ask though where the inspiration to set it in a foil factory came from?

I mean there's so many more obvious choices, sweets, biscuits, bakery - a platform game set in a foil factory is fairly unique!.

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...
MaRo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 14:58
Thanks Van B. It was not a inspiration but the theme of the contest. Becouse the main sponsor of this competiotion is Total Pack ( http://www.totalpack.be/ ) so the theme should be about machines for wrapping goods in plastic foil. So I place the game in foil factory to gain more points
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 17:30
Nicely done - runs really smoothly and is very responsive, cool engine you have going there. I especially like the conveyor belts with the produce moving along, kinda reminded me of my first job in a sweet factory . I had the ATI shader issue, but I don't think it detracts from the game too much.

Good luck in the competition, I'm sure the judges will appreciate your attention to detail and polish you've put into this.

MaRo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 19:43
Thanks once again Yeap, the conveyor belts is the best thing I think I've created for this game, they are adding a lot to the athmosphere. I hope more people will try my game and post their opinion so I can improve my next games
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 19:59
Had a really long play and am up to level 5.

I agree that the conveyor belts are really well done and show the foiling process really well which should give you loads of bonus points in the compo. Plenty of TPS machines around aswell which should be good for you.

First time I hit the laser beams and it killed you outright was a bit annoying but you soon get used to them.

I would have liked to have seen some idea of how many items left to collect and a bit more instruction on what you need to finish the level. for instance do you have to collect all the foils, all the TPS letters and all the money??

Shame the popup distance could not be increased. Specially on the first level when the vans suddenly dissapear and the reappear when you get closer.

The biggest annoyance is the control method. It is so hard to just move straight forward. You tap left or right and he rotates too quickly. Also it would be better if he rotated on the spot and not the wierd left and right rotatey method you have used.

Anyway that's my initial thoughts. Well done for making such a playable game. I might play some more during the week as it looks like the levels have nice variety of tasks.

Boo!
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 20:45
Really good game!

i was wondering when you were going to be able to do something about the enemies when i hit level 3

One man, one lawnmower, plenty of angry groundhogs.
MaRo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2007 07:46
Thanks guys Your definitely right Spooky about the instructions I should put some info maybe on the loading screens About the popup distance I have to make the code better, becouse when I tried to change that some bugs appeared And the controls aren't very good, but thanks to your opinion it will be better in my further games
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2007 17:28
Congratulations on winning the Caiman Compo and winning a huge pile of cash.

Nice to see a DBPro game winning aswell.

Boo!
MaRo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 07:25
Thanks very much Well the second game was also created in DBPro it's Pack the aliens! by snake_x86 ( Congratulations Snake ). There were 2 games created in DBPro as well and they ended on 8th (FreeRunning by Cecrit ) and 9th place (Wrap Mania by Alex Riva ). In the previous Caiman compo the first two games was also created in DBPro (mine was on 1st place as well ) so games created in DBPro becoming more and more popular and they are taking top places in compos
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 11:58
Congrats Maro, keep flying that DBPro flag .

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats mate,

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBPro 6.5
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby
MaRo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 14:26
Thanks guys I'm always trying to do my best

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 01:13:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 01:13:49