Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DarkbasicPro Questions.....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiya all,

I have try darkbasic demo and I was shock to see FPS(Frames per seconds) when I have create 3D world on DarkbasicPro...which was 43FPS where my old darkbasic is 74FPS !!!! can anyone Explain to me this.

There is question I like to ask.

1) How good is Darkbasicpro Manual?

2) Does Darkbasicpro Have Tutorials manual like the old darkbasic have?

3) I still waiting for Patch 2 which why I'm holding off on darkbasic pro even thought I have upgrade deadline which is 31 October. I giving myself up to 21 october about buying darkbasic.

Cheer

Hotshot
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 22:33
1) The referance manual is good, very like DBv1 ref manual, covers all the commands with info on how to use them etc. Could have been slightly better but it does the job. You'll most likely use the online help the more you use DBP though, and that can be kept updated unlike the printed version.

2)Yep there's also a user manual that guides you through the basics and has an fps tutorial. This manual is a bit vague especially when it comes to covering the actual editor. But there are also video clips on the cd which guide you through the editor so they're pretty good. There are also snippets/tutorials for most of the commands in the online help.

3)Patch 2 is out very soon I think.
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 11:39
If you're using the primitive shapes (cubes, spheres, cylinders, etc.) then the FPS would be lower than expected. There is a minor bug with these objects right now which makes them cause programs to run slower. Being worked on.

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:20:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:20:30