Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 19:17 Edited at: 19th Oct 2007 19:29
culmor30,
Your zip didn't get through, but here is the way I did particles in a program I was playing with.
I realize this may not be what you need, but just an example.

1)- I used a smoke emitter and kept the maximum particles at a low value.
2)- The emitter is checked first to see if it exits, and if so it is deleted before creation.
3)- The emitter is ghosted so the texture will be tranparent.
4)- These emitters can be positioned in your code at the location of the shot, and will so move with your shot if you want.

Positioning code:

In my code, a for next loop keeps track of twenty shots and a timer kills the phy shot and emitter. I also kill the shot object if it still exists.

Ad Astra Per Asper
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 01:10
Cool, thanks.

What I need to do is be able to have a near infinite amount of spark particle emitters available to create at any given time. How do I do that?
pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Hello everyone,

as some of you may know, I always wait some time (about 2 months from the last infos I got) untill I think I should ask TGC for some infos about the DP-Update/-Upgrade so I don't lose the hope that it will come one day!
"

Hey, 10 more days until another 2 mos update...YIPPEEE!!
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 22:02 Edited at: 26th Oct 2007 22:03
I just delete and create the same ones over. I had 20 in use, and put a timer on each one to delete it after a few seconds. That way, it
looks like you have as many as you need. If you just keep adding new ones, they will slow your game down.

Ad Astra Per Asper
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 16:08
Can we please move this discussion about the problems that Culmor is having to an appopriate thread in an appropriate forum please? Thanks.

do{;}while(1);
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 21:30
under the download section for my dp plugin it says, there are two upgrades/patches. Anyways the second on is just a .dll. The question here is what is different in this .dll that the others dont have?????

I havent applied it so I dont know, Im kinda scared cause I dont want to break my projects that are already working?
PEH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 03:21
those have been there for awhile now.

I think I speak for all of us when I say I think we need an update!
They made claims that lead me to believe before I bought it that it had features that it doesn't. Such as mesh as a cloth! Or EASY car physics (yeah right!). Those things were real sellers for me but it doesn't have them!

I hate to complain like this but I'm getting REALLY tired of waiting and I've seen posts saying that they have got them working but then no update!

All I want is a beta or something to keep us going or at least some more bug fixes or SOMETHING! Please?!...

Ok I'm done blowing off about this but I really hope something happens.
Goldeneye Nemesis
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree, I bought it thinking I had a complete physics solution. I know its not TGC's top priority, but I really want to see something done. As PEH said, a beta or something would really help, hollow promises dont do anything but get peoples backs up.

pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I was about to post the same request for an update.

Mike Johnson is back in the physics forums, he just posted on another thread.

How about an update Mike
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2007 23:22 Edited at: 15th Nov 2007 17:02
Hiho all,

for the ones who expect an update from me (like I mostly do, when about 2 months past by without any infos about DP) I want to tell you that I think TGC (most possibly Mike) will give some infos away soon, I'm very sure about this, because they seemed to have finished some stuff (or seem to be close to do so) as you can read in the last news-letter (Issue-58) and I think now they maybe have some "sparetime" for the "less important things" like DP! Because of the last news-letter I decided to give them a bit more time untill I ask them again for news! (Don't ask me why I think so, it's just a feeling! )

Hoozer (Andreas Hoyer)

AMD64X24800+(939);2GB;GF6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.4):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109846&b=5&p=0
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2007 09:48
I'm working with Hoozer at the moment. Been testing the new DLL and making sure everything is working well. If anyone else wants to help out in testing then please email me.
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 05:08
Quote: "
Can we please move this discussion about the problems that Culmor is having to an appopriate thread in an appropriate forum please? Thanks.
"

Good point Lucy. I will do that as soon as I either get my laptop working or get the OK from TGC to copy my TGC folder to this desktop.
lukas
Years of Service
User Offline
When will the testing-stage be finished? Which new features will there be? Cloth, Fluid, ...
Markswii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2008 02:46
What about fixing the help files...

phy make rigid body dynamic box [integer value]
how about
phy make rigid body dynamic box [object number]

From the ashes of the first pc new breed of programmer is born. The TGC programmer can create a game in seconds with his mighty weapons of basic programming. (Is not an artist of any standards).
Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2008 18:25
Markswii: I agree with you there... it's annoying having to constantly open the reference thing when you can't remember what that certain "integer value" or "float value" is

I'd love to see some software fluids, as I'm pretty sure they're in the Ageia SDK...

Intel Pentium 4 3.40 Ghz HT, 1.5 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 6800, 19" Dell CRT Monitor ... I need to upgrade ^-^
x_THOR_x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 07:31 Edited at: 26th Jan 2008 05:45
Is there any news about vehicle commands/setup. Such as drifting, suspenshion, better wheel #s (like wheel1 wheel2 etc)

I was thinking about switching to Newton for my games physics but I love Dark Physics and I would like to keep useing it for ALL the physics but is there any chance the next update will have some new vehicle commands in it?

Quote: "Quote Mike :
I have been speaking to people from Ageia and asked for assistance with some areas - specifically vehicles as I feel there is a lot more we can do with them. "

Any new news on this?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 23:24:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 23:24:35