Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DPhysics - Kinematic model looses collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I got one object which is something like my level (i drop a ball onto this model), but i want it to be able to rotate it as i wish. When i turn it into kinematic, something seems broken with the collisions. The same model used in static rigid body works quite ok about collisions.
Is it a bug, is it something in my model ?
Is kinematic the good choice to make that model a level that i can rotate like i want ?
(btw i attached the model)
Freid

www.freid.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Freid
Years of Service
User Offline
Sob, no one is answering...
is it me ?
is it my model ?
is it a bug ?
is it my weak english ?

www.freid.com
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 12:55
A kinematic object is not suited to this kind of scenario. In your case it may be necessary to break things up into smaller pieces. Possibly look at using simpler, replica models that are convex to be used as your physics objects. Set up your scene using these and hide them and show the actual model you use for the visuals.
Freid
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot Mike, i really appreciate that feedback ))
I'll try asap !
Freid

www.freid.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:39:11