Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / PurePlugin, a practical work-through example...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 01:31
@ Freddix - I'll go with the {} and see what happens - a little nervous as I've created 100s of commands...

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 02:00
wow :p

don't be stressed
All may go correctly and you know that if you need some help. I'm here to put a light above your head :p

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 23:23 Edited at: 21st Jun 2007 00:51
Hi Freddix,

I have sent you all relevant files to your email...

Unfortunately, my commands just wont work in DBPro - I have placed the ini in keywords and the .dll in plugins-user and when I compile the pb main file I include the attached .rc file as a resource. Also I have run pffixer on the .dll from griffirr...? any idea what is going wrong? I get an error message when I try to compile/run anything in DBPro - "GetDBProBase init failed" and then I get a memory cannot be read error... and then it crashes out...
[edit] I think the first error message is generated by PurePlugin...! i have the latest version of pureplugin and purebasic...

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 11:15 Edited at: 21st Jun 2007 11:15
@Duffer:
Check your mails about your plugin problem

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 14:57
The "GetDBProBase init failed" can be caused by:
1. Wrong User/Code inserted in your TPC Plugin
2. You do not include "Null=PP Initialized()" command in your program. Compiler will then not include the PurePLUGIN.DLL and your plugin can't work.

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 18:04
Hi Freddix,

Firstly, thanks for all your help by email. Unfortunately (see latest email) still get same error messages as before. I have all the latest DBPro,Purebasic,Pureplugin and new user name and user code.

Therefore, maybe my problem relates to point 2 above? Where should Null=PP Initialized() be placed in the main.pb or in the your procedures.pb or both? and if I dont have a particular other plugin should I remove the include from the main.pb?

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 20:51
it's not mentioned here but Duffer problem was fixed

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 00:52
@ Freddix - it certainly was and now I have a fulling working plugin.... I'm adding some fractal terrain heightmap commands to it shortly - now that I've finally got my head around the diamond square and hill algorithms....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 22:56:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 22:56:35