Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [Styx] Flash problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of things. I bought Styx recently, and I seem to have trouble with a couple of the Flash commands.

First of all, what I'm trying to do is delete a flash that's held in memory. I simply use the DELETE FLASH function, and point it to the first one "1". However, nothing happens - the flash animation is unaffected by the command.

Also, I tried to hide it as a compromise, but I don't know what the show command is. There is a reference entry for HIDE FLASH which says "This command shows the previously hidden Flash movie". Shouldn't that be "This command hides the Flash movie"? Anyway, I can't find the entry for showing the flash after I've hidden it, and it doesn't seem that the DBP IDE recognizes SHOW FLASH, so I'm not sure what the syntax for that function is.

Thank you for your time.
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 18:15
Quote: "First of all, what I'm trying to do is delete a flash that's held in memory. I simply use the DELETE FLASH function, and point it to the first one "1". However, nothing happens - the flash animation is unaffected by the command."

Yes that's a bug. The reference is deleted from memory but this doesn't affect the visibility of the flash movie.

Quote: "and it doesn't seem that the DBP IDE recognizes SHOW FLASH, so I'm not sure what the syntax for that function is."

It's simply SHOW FLASH Flash Number

Mirthin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for your swift reply. I'm now hiding and showing the flash and it's working fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 14:45:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 14:45:25