Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Nuclear Glory - should I get it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 16:12
Hi

I am running into complex collision problems and I decided to find a 3rd Party collision extention. What I need to know is simple. Can NG (Nuclear Glory) handle more complex objects. From what I have gathered, you can only get colisions based on elipsoids, which can't even rotate to the object's direction. Would a way be to make a few spheres, one at the front, one in the middle, and one at the rear and use basic trig to calculate their positions based on an angle? On the other hand it seems extemely easy to use. Can anyone recommend it or tell me it's cons?

Thanks!

~ z_man ~
Bozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 12:29
I've found NG to be really slow when handling big complex objects, you could try Sparky's DLL, but its up to you

Bozzy
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
sparky's and or newton will work fine

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 15:47
Sparky's is great. It supports box collisions, sphere, and complex objects as well. The collision boxes can rotate as well. It is very fast as well.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 15:44:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 15:44:03