Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im currently midway through production of a game and ive taken a big step back and decided to rebuild the level and to add more realism im trying to create buildings that will break ie

1 basic building

4x walls
1x door
1x roof
1x floor

basically im trying to get it so the door could be blown off and with enough force the walls could be damaged or blown away, i know this can be done with joints but it dosent seem to work with my current attempts.
if anyone can help me pls it will be very much appreciated.

WOHOO!!!
Sentinel Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
can noone help me?

WOHOO!!!
Sentinel Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
wow ill be out of hospital before anyone has any ideas or suggestions? lolor ill have got it to work?

WOHOO!!!
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 05:53
You could have the door connected by a joint and use the command
with enough force the joint will break allowing the door to fall. Just do the same with the building setup the walls floor and ceiling with some joints and set there break limit and apply enough force and watch it fall

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+,MMX 3DNOW (2CPUs)
1024 MB RAM
GeForce 7300 GT 512 MB
Sentinel Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for the reply but it would seem when i do it it dosent seem to work, im having another go today, ive basically gt a medical condition that makes me forget all my short term memory and i forget alot of things and if i dont write things down it makes things very hard to do. i was wondering if anyone had done this previously and had some code i could look through.

thanks alot

WOHOO!!!
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 18:01 Edited at: 25th Apr 2007 18:02
The main difficulty is to built the objects/walls to not interfere with each other.

Here is a basic example (with some jerkiness):

I've encountered 2 problems in writing this example, namely that joints work even though you don't "build" them and actually, if you build them they don't work properly.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Sentinel Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for your help, your example was fantastic ill post my new code soon. thank you again Kendor.

WOHOO!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:11:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:11:16