Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / inQuisition - WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It's my first attempt in FPSC, i hope you like it!
The storyboard of the game is at good point, now i'm working on levels and game experience, that's the hard work
Screenshots are useful, but the most of the atmosphere it is based on music and sounds.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 19:27
nice

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 20:15
Nice custom segments and textures...however yes there is a but.Looking past the nice game logo.The lightmapping needs tweaking far to close to the pillars and it leaves that nasty bright spots which isn't what you want.Aslo one or two lights maps are out of place.

Depending on the look of your game the usual response is the levels look pretty much empty however in this case the levels are big and it not always that easy to populate a level with entities.

Instead of wasting time on finding 100's of entities you can get away with alot more if you add decor like grass cracks in the floors/walls loose bricks which should suite your game well.

On the second screen shot my personal preference here is instead of having a 3 or 4 level block room with pillars in them I would extent the wall by two on the second floor with stairs on each side with much smaller pillars and in the the middle I'll make my main focus point by either dropping the roof two floors or moving it up by a floor with windows depending on the level of course depending if it's under or on of top ground.
The helps to get away from the I'm in a block room.

Like I said personal preference use don't use....your choice

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
sgrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx Darimc and thanx Wizard.
You say to extend the cathedral's height...mmmmh could be an idea!
My problem is the framerate, now is really good, but if i add something in the Cathedral's level it drops down..
it's really a mistery for me the FPSC framerate, even with no entities (i use more segments, and really few entities), there are some unexplainable areas where it heavily drops. Usually when it happens i "close" the level and i don't add more.
As you can see, the second level (top picture) is more "corridor" and "rooms", to avoid the slowdown.

For the lightspots, you are in right, i don't know exactly how to obtain a more diffuse glow instead of spots: ambience is setted to 25 and lights have 100. Maybe it is a bit dark, but if i raise the ambience the game does not look so atmospheric...
sgrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Some more shots:

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 21:10
nice model!

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 21:21
It looks cool,but where does the light come from?Brick wall's dont light up do they?

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 21:33
Quote: "where does the light come from?Brick wall's dont light up do they?"

Exactly what I was thinking, you need some of those flaming torches you het in medieval games.
Also, the textures you use don't look very detailed, looks a bit blurry. Try using bigger (512 x 512) textures, unless that's the looks your going for, or my monitor's playing up again.

Your signature has been deleted due to the fact that it was far too humourous to possibly show.
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/ -New FPSC Forums By Jenkins
sgrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, surely i will look for free flaming torches. Textures are 512x512, i think that coloured lights give the blurry effect, while the texture on pillars are blurred cause the model is overscaled, but ingame you don't notice it too much cause the ambience is darker: in the last screenshot i've brightened it with Photoshop to show you the monk.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 03:07 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2007 03:08
decal pack, that has nice fire stuff, I agree, light comes from a source, and has a correct colour in relation to the source, also as its a sparse level, due to its location, make sure the lighting is top notch, you can even change the user ini, look under lightmap, 1-100, higher + better quality, at the expense on performance or course, also give it very good normal maps, normal maps look great on stone, I recommend the free app crazy bump for the job, much better than the PS nvidia plug in, post some more screen when you get the normal maps in.
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 16:42
Not much I can say but very pretty looking game keep it up

The world is complicated only people are simple
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 23:21
Nice images, can you post some screens into the TGC Gallery?

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=gallery_upload

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
sgrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx all, and, yes RickV, i'll do it for sure! I'm preparing cooler screenshots for that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 16:08:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 16:08:45