Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Newton hollow cylinder problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 08:26 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 08:31
Hello. I'm using the March 10, 2005 Newton dll.

I am trying to make a cylinder collision body around an object and basically it ends up falling through the ground because the top and bottom of the cylinder collision body I'm trying to create is not being created for some reason. Instead of a solid cylinder body, it's creating this hollow cylinder with no top and bottom.
At this point in time I'm only calling the function to set the collision object up. I've attached my code for creating the cylinder body.

I also want to add that I can compile and run demo02 - collision primitives, and the cylinders in there show up the way they are supposed to with top and bottom ends. This is being done using the same version of the dll and same version of DBPro that I use when I encounter the above problem.
Anyone know what could be causing this?
Demon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 08:01 Edited at: 27th Apr 2007 08:03
Actually I'm finding that just about any collision object I'm trying to set up now will collide with the ground and then start slowly sinking into it. But I didn't have the problem with spheres. I read something about this that someone posted a while back, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=95977&b=1

Unfortunately mine didn't magically work when doing what was suggested in that thread, I was already doing it.

I can't see what I could possibly be doing wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 15:28:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 15:28:03