Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand that DBP can load BSPs and their lightmaps. But what if you wanted to place a character in the level? Would that character be affected by different lights or will he have no lighting on him?

Basically what I'm asking is when DBP loads a BSP, will it load some kind light info that can affect player/object models, or do you have to put in additional lights using DBP script?

How was the room demo done? Were the lights that affected the shading of the character from DBP script or stored in the BSP?
crawlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2002 17:03
Lightmapping is pre-compilied so it doesn't affect any objects added later (like a character for instance). Using the light commands you can make lights that affect the character and all objects in the game upto a maximum of 8 lights.

crawlin

P4 1.6GHz - 256Mb DDR RAM - GeForce 2 MX400 - SoundMAX Integrated Sound - Windows XP Home
TR1
Years of Service
User Offline
When I load a BSP all .X objects loaded are NOT affected by DBPro's light commands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:30:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:30:08