Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Attention Canadians: DBPro Conference Car Pool

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 23:03
On such short notice, I can't come up with the moolah for a flight AND the hotel. So here's the deal:

If I can get 2 other canucks to come with me, we can get to this conference together.

Here's the conditions:
- everyone splits the fare (gas and hotel, essentially) 3 ways. doesn't matter if you're in Toronto, Winnipeg or Edmonton. If the total gas price for the ENTIRE trip is $600, it's $200 a pop.
- I need two other people to do this.
- You have to be 18.
- You have to be a Canadian citizen so we don't have trouble at the border.
- No backing out...I've only got 2 extra seats (once you pack computers and clothes) and can't afford to have someone bail.
- You have to have a valid Canadian driver's licence and be ready to do a power road trip.
- Please shower before the trip. And before we come home, too.

Here's some more information:
I'm leaving from Calgary, AB, and not going W/N/S for as long as possible. If you'd like to come and can get on the trans-canada east of calgary...that would really be best.

The trip will take two days of straight driving to get there, about 40 hours including pee-breaks and McDonalds. We'd have to leave on November 6, first thing in the morning (from CGY). This would mean that we'd be there late thursday night

The trip is going to be 8500 Kms round trip . I'll pay for the oil change when we get there. Based on my fuel economy, that's about 18-19 tanks of gas. If prices aren't all over the map, we should be able to do the whole trip for about $600-$700 (gas wise).

We'll need a hotel room thursday, friday, saturday and sunday nights. We'll leave first thing on monday am, so everyone should be home by tuesday late night. thursday night and sunday night we can crash at some cheap motel. When we get there, we'll know the exact price of the whole trip (because we're 1/2 way) and money is due then.

It'll be a tough 7 days, but we can do it. Here's hopin' Guy gives us a break on the conference fees...

Side note:
If you're in northern USA enroute to MASS then we can take you too, provided everything else is met (ie. you're 18, driver's licence, and you pay the full 1/3)
-= i only do what my rice krispies tell me to do =-
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2002 00:29
Unfortunatly, I'm not eligable, but I have no idea what your talking about! I didn't know there even was a conference!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2002 09:43
I have the first 'voyageur' to join me in my cross-continent crusade.

Still looking for one more to join us.

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2002 19:02
Chip is talking about a trip to the US conference.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2002 20:30
Right, but what conference was my question.
Anyway, I found out all the details. Seems to me like there is too short notice for this!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
GuySavoie
Years of Service
User Offline
Just as an FYI - I polled the members of Real Game Tools about the date two months ago. This forum didn't exist then

--- Guy

GuySavoie
Years of Service
User Offline
over two months ago, that is...

--- Guy

ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 17:51
Still looking for one more...

ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 00:07
Sorry to post here again, but I'm pulling the topic back up to the top so that everyone gets to see it again.

Still need 1 more to come along!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:06:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:06:27