Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Hello TGC? Are you there? I mean these are your fourums

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 01:20 Edited at: 5th May 2007 16:02
...Maybe u forgot.....DARKPHYSICS BUGS!!!. Why is there no reply to any bug fixes?
REPLY PLZZZZ
Im sure lots of dp users would like to know what the hells going on

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it violated the AUP
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 07:13
your wasting your time lol
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 15:44 Edited at: 5th May 2007 16:04
...Maybe u forgot.....DARKPHYSICS BUGS!!!. Why is there no reply to any bug fixes?
REPLY PLZZZZ
Im sure lots of dp users would like to know what the hells going on

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 16:36
Maybe you forgot... DBP, FPSC, the TGC site, dealing with the NVIDIA compo, Dark A.I, and Dark Shader?

Sorry, but a company cant spend all of their time on one product, do you see the crap load of things they have on their plate right now to deal with?

Instead of freaking out, just leave the bug report, and they\'ll get to it. Its pretty much summer now in quite a few places, practice with real physics for a bit. Throw a ball around.

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
And i totaly agree with that RUCCUS. But TGC could at least have the decentcy to tell us what is going on. Will there be an update? When? Not just leave us all in the dark on this matter.

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 18:46 Edited at: 5th May 2007 18:47
Quote: "Will there be an update? When?"

But if they did give a date and then, for whatever reason, missed that date they’d have to put up with more whinging threads like this one about not doing what they said they would.

It's not like you have to stop coding until the bugs are fixed.

Quote: "But TGC could at least have the decentcy to tell us what is going on."

You could have the decency to check your spelling.

We are the angry mob, we read the papers every day. We like who we like, we hate who we hate but we're also easily swayed!
Zhent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 21:48
He's got a point. I've had questions for the support people which were never answered, like how come my download is missing half of the examples and such that it says it comes with. i'm not asking them to be on call 24/7, but even just a post taht says 'were here' would be nice

--
Zhent, coding newbie
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 23:37 Edited at: 5th May 2007 23:39
Exactly.
Quote: "It's not like you have to stop coding until the bugs are fixed."

Well yes true, but its highly inconvenient to have to manualy write the code to do things, that should be built into dark physics. Like writing my own vehicle code because of the s-h-i-t-e vehicle intergration. It seems like there just concerntrating on a product that only people with high end geforce 8800's can use anyway, and forgeting about the product's that 1000's of people currently use.

Quote: "You could have the decency to check your spelling"

I admit im not very good with spelling - but seriously im not sad enough to go thu a dictonary and check. WERE PROGRAMMERS PEOPLE!!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 00:08
Spell check does the work for you...so that's no excuse.

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 00:12
I am going to have to agree with general reed here. It anal to say stuff about spelling, why nit pick on something so trivial? We all make typos as a matter of fact there is probably not one person on here who hasnt made a spelling mistake. I make them all the time, but does that mean I dont know what I am talking about...No it doesnt, it just means its a mistake. Who died and made you the speling/grammar god? And your not the only one who makes comments about peoples spelling/grammar on these forums. Its petty. Period.

Alot of the time on these forums there is alot of hostility. Some is called for some isnt. Some uncalled stuff even comes from moderators.

Anyone who says Dark Physics is in perfect working condition is a fool. Because its not. It is an incomplete/broken product. I has alot of potential, this is true. Yes I use it, yes I have a ppu, yes I buy TGC products, yes I love DBP, yes the responses from the developer of Dark Physics seems to ignoe the actual users. We get no anwsers. I for one dont think they should put more features in while the core is still buggy/broken/incomplete. I think they should fix what is already there first. Period.

I'm not here to make anyone mad, I'm just saying There are serious flaws in the product that should/need to be addressed. I am also saying that TGC does not seem to really care to much about Dark Physics anymore. When was the last time anyone from tgc responed to the upgrade thread, of the thread with all the bugs listed.

So thank you.
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 01:24
Du u lik redin stuf likl thiss? If nto, youu hvee a dcnet idae wjhy speel chek is encrged.

Seriously, how hard is it to press the spell check button!? It takes about 5 seconds and makes things a hell of a lot easier to read.

Battle Legacy: Online Third Person Shooter
Look for it on the WIP Board!
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 01:38
@sage tech That is a bit extreme and childish. anyways where is this spell check button.....I dont seem to have one. get it.
Zhent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 01:49
As far as spell-checking is concerned, if you misspell a word it will have a red dotted line beneath it in the message box. Right click and a list of possible words will come up.

I will say this, the helpful nature of many of the experienced coders on the forums significantly helps those of us who are new to this or have basic problems. I can see, however, where those people who already know what they are doing would have problems.

--
Zhent, coding newbie
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 02:00
Seriously I am not kidding I do not have a spell check function. I am using IE 7. Why dont I have this spell check?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 02:23
There are a variety of spell checking programs and applications.
I am a halfway decent speller so I don't use it.But if I had spelling issues I certainly would.And it's not that difficult to find something to check your spelling...you could even dust off and open up the dictionary...
I am not flaming anyone for bad spelling.It is not an issue with me as long as I can understand what in blazes people are trying to say.
But people use your ability to spell as a measure of your intellect whether it's fair or not and in any professional situation bad spelling can bury you.

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 02:53
Well I am not going to type my posts in another program that has a spell checker when I can just type it here. People will just have to deal with it.

@fredP I agree with you.
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 03:19
Its called google toolbar, and it loves you

Battle Legacy: Online Third Person Shooter
Look for it on the WIP Board!
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 03:22
I dont want google toolbar/any toolbar.
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 04:01 Edited at: 6th May 2007 04:03
If you really need to spell check,start a new tab and go to Google and type the word in search. Google will offer the proper spelling
if it isn't right. The tab will insure you don't lose your place.

And yes, I know you don't want to Google anything.

Ad Astra Per Asper
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 04:09
Quote: "People will just have to deal with it."

Sorry, but no. You'll have to deal with it, due to the fact that you'll lower the chance of getting a decent response when nobody can understand what you're saying. You can go ahead and type any way you want, just be aware that people will begin to ignore your posts all together.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 04:20
And although I usually don't flame people (happens occassionally, though) if you continue to spell incorrectly people will flame you.
I won't...but there are a lot of people in the forums...
You might google and look for an app that runs in the background that automatically will check for spelling errors.I imagine there is one somewhere.
And some of these people have offered you some good suggestions.

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 07:34 Edited at: 6th May 2007 07:34
?????I am starting to hate this place.
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 08:48 Edited at: 6th May 2007 08:50
Why is it that everyone including MODS tend to shutdown or divert attention away from valid compaints? Can't we instead look for answers, a suggestion, or simply allow someone to speak their mind? It really seems scary around here.

The fact that TGC is a company with numerous products (ALL with bugs and gltiches, missing features) doesn't excuse them from having their customers complain. They don't have to fix them, but generally it's in all our interests that they do. Can we stop trying to defend TGC so much, that any criticism is met with ridicule? The fact that they are busy, or it's the summer, doesn't really make the argument mute.

Of course we appreciate the fixes, updates and new additions. But we also share in investing early on, and help TGC make it's product better. So while we are gracious, it's not like we can't share frustrations. And TGC isn't a little baby, so they should want to know what their customers are thinking without the need to defend them at all costs)

We- meaning all of us here as a whole at the forums.

We are loyal customers. We all payed for our products. We deal with a lot. We make TGC products better. We discover the bugs. We try to help TGC as much as possible to relay our info and experiences. We promote and help sell TGC products. We are the future buyers of new TGC products.

So can we stop trying to shutdown everyone who has a complaint? TGC's is not giving away all these products for free. It's a business. They make money. And the more products they make, the more instant cashflow they have. And along with that comes long-term customer care and support. TGC understands that. How they handle it will ultimately decide their fate.

If they continue to improve products, support their customers, and throw us a bone once and a while they will get our support. If they bail on us, and keep creating products and don't provide the support we need... Then we have the choice to leave, purchase a competitor's product, and stop supporting TGC's projects. So let people speak their minds, and lets stop diverting the attention away from a valid post by picking on a person's spelling.

Please???

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 08:55
You do realize 90% of his mistakes were grammatical, I've never seen any grammar checking plugins.

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 09:09
My grammar breaks every possible rule. Some authors do this as well. I use my conversation style in forums. I try to spell correctly, but I'm definately not going to check for proper grammar here. It's not a resume.

Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 09:27
In-topic: Currently, the main problem in Darkphysics is that there are major bugs/problems in all areas, and thus you cannot really advance in any area without encountering a bug.

Vehicles: No powerslide/drifting
Rigid bodies: positioning/scaling/rotating an object prior setting it up as static mesh will result in its physics object not aligned with the visual object.
Materials: materials are not applied to convex bodies
Particles: very basic functionality.
Joints: Once you build a fixed joint, it cannot be deleted.

Some of them have workarounds (easy/difficult), others are just out of the control of the user, leaving us waiting for an upgrade.

Off-topic: Although I agree that spelling is important and that everyone should really try to write as correctly as possible, here we are over-reacting a bit, especially since it is just one genuine mistake. I would be more concerned about this:"your wasting your time lol" (j/k david w ). What's next? We shoot down anyone that writes "teh" instead of "the"?

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 17:26
That's 'résumé'. Just kidding. But yes, I don't like the way people try to brush complaints under the carpet and try to say things that invalidate the argument.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 00:39
Quote: "I've never seen any grammar checking plugins"

whiteSmoke (capitalisation is correct )

Vampiric
Years of Service
User Offline
Everybody should use fire fox, the world would be such a better place with it's spell checker plugin.

Computer says n00bed
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i do use firefox - but i never install any plugins

I have AMD Athlon X2 5200+, Geforce 7600GS, 2GB Ram, 240GB HDD and one hell of a headache
Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 22:54
why use a spellchecker when a quick check over should be good right? I mean I haven't been yelled at yet for grammer or spelling.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 02:40
Quote: "why use a spellchecker when a quick check over should be good right? I mean I haven't been yelled at yet for grammer or spelling."

Why use a spellchecker when a quick checkover should be good, right? I mean, I haven't been yelled at yet for grammar or spelling.

I make that 5 errors in 2 sentences

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 04:21 Edited at: 19th May 2007 04:22
Quote: "I make that 5 errors in 2 sentences"

The only real mistake I see there is the misspelling of grammar. Letter case and separation of compound words isn't really an issue in my opinion...

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 04:27
Ouch, i've been told, I'm slowly going to crawl off of the stage .

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
@BatVink - Tell me, were you or were you not able to understand
Quote: "why use a spellchecker when a quick check over should be good right? I mean I haven't been yelled at yet for grammer or spelling."

If so, then theres no real problem. Your just causing flame for no reason. Or showing off about the fact that you can spell.

I have AMD Athlon X2 5200+, Geforce 7600GS, 2GB Ram, 240GB HDD and one hell of a headache
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 15:55 Edited at: 19th May 2007 15:56
Having not been here for a while and focusing on my own life/career instead of giving valuable time to the dreams of many coders and free tgc time , I tend to agree that the policy of TGC is minimalist at its best, going on ten years now.

It should stand for something. However, every question I have thrown at Lee and Mike has yielded a result, so if your determined there is a way to the end problem.

You have to stretch a little more then expected. they make you work and it helps you grow.

If your determined, it will happen and you will find a solution to all the problems, no matter how ugly they appear at the given time.

If there is something we as mods who give free time can do, just ask, if it really falls on the hands of TGC, they have never let me down in times of need. ask, plead, beg, something will get completed.

Remember it should be fun and a growing experience.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 11:38
Quote: "@BatVink - Tell me, were you or were you not able to understand
If so, then theres no real problem. Your just causing flame for no reason. Or showing off about the fact that you can spell."

If it was a comment about a game, a question or a discussion about DB Pro, then I wouldn't have even noticed. But it was a comment about spelling and grammar!

But at the end of the day, it was said in jest, and I think Zombie saw the joke. I thought I would join in with a ridiculous discussion about pedantics. I could have locked the thread, as it's way off topic. But I don't see any harm done just yet.

Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 16:26
Couldn't agree more Batvink . Humour is a wonderful thing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:36:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:36:31