Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / My first FPSC game(WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 05:02
I am making a game called 'waiting...'. Its somewhat a game where you just shoot everything that moves to live. Well heres some screenies and a download link is coming in about an hour(slow upload speed )

zombie112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 20:22
Demo link here:
http://files.filefront.com//;7441167;/
Theres 3 levels in it.
Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 02:47 Edited at: 7th May 2007 02:51
Hmmm...I believe that it needs lighting, possibly a storyline, filled
rooms.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because nobody liked it.Isnt that sad?
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 03:34
Some Ideas:

Add some lights
Add a Story
Make the rooms smaller
Whats the time period this game takes place? Looks like WWII, Sci-Fi, and urban.

zombie112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 03:56
Thanks for the ideas

There isnt a story yet, but ill think of one that will work eventualy.
The time period that it takes place is somewhat in the future. But like i said, I will think of a storyline and it will all make sense. I also forgot to mention i accidently put level 3 as level one, because I put them in the order i made them.

I also tried sending it to my friend, but he couldnt run it. It just said it encountered an error and needed to be stopped. Any help with that?
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 11:40
And...the stocked media...needs to go.

big..hahaha..you said big!
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 12:07
Not all of it is stock. Model pack 2 and 5 are in there. Looks ok I guess. But what is a bed doing there? and all those identical computers are making it look a bit...you know. Add some lightmapping or shaders. Use more of model pack 2. Keep working on it, work on realism and also frame rate. I expect that room full of scientist zombies is making the computer really slow. Take a few out. FPSC struggles with 2 enemies in a room on times.
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 13:11
I noticed.

big..hahaha..you said big!
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 15:26
Yeah it looks bland. Model packs are as bad as stock because everyone has them. Make something yourself and then nobody will have it.
Paul

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you just shoot everything that moves to live"

This is usually an indicator of "too lazy to design". I'm not saying this is the case here, but without a good design AND without entities and clutter, you pretty much have no choice but populate your game with 25 zombie doctors in one room.

Take a look at the other WIPs around. Even some of the stock only games can look good and be fun for the user.

Good luck,

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 17:20
As far as using stock media goes...there is nothing wrong with using it (even if the sight of it makes us old timers puke...most people don't know about FPSC and the stock media is decent).
It's what you do with the media that will make it a great game.
"Shoot everything that moves" has gotten old.Gamers are growing increasingly more sophisticated and more demandikng in what the want out of a shooter although killing is a part of it.
You might want to eek out a story outline...just to give you an idea of what you want to do with your game.
Make your rooms a bit smaller,add more media and some lightmapping.
And 25 enemies in one room is not a good idea...while x10 may promise instancing and that many enemies in one room this version of FPSC most certainly cannot make that claim.

zombie112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 00:33
With the alot of enemys in a room makes my fps go to about 25, but yeah I'll work on cutting alot of them. I will think of a storyline as well, Im somewhat just getting used to the FPSC engine for FPSC X10. I'm used to mapping for Half life 2/Source...so in time I will get better with this once i get used to it more.
zombie112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 04:45
hows this for a storyline?
Im going to completely redo the levels, so dont bother with the demo i have posted above. New one coming soon.

The game starts off as you starting a new job at work. You currently just got employed to be security, but wierd things start happening. Some of the other employees start looking different, and you begin to hear odd noises coming from around places. Screams, Footsteps, Running, etc. You were given orderes to stay at your post, but you can choose to disobey them and explore to see whats \'waiting..\'for you.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hows this for a storyline?"

I've heard worse. Your story line is very linear, but at least it's a starting point. Just keep at it and ideas will come to you as you progress.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 14:45:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 14:45:10