Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Random issue with Newton convex hulls

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.

I have the strangest problem when I use convex hulls for collision bodies using Newton. What makes this so irritating is that it does not happen every time I run the program. I don't even have to recompile the program for it to work fine on one run and then not be right on the next.
Basically, my convex hull collision bodies randomly decide when they will take the proper shape of the object and when they will not.
If it's something I'm doing wrong I would think they would be messed up everytime.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Demon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
I scaled the model to be larger and re-exported it with MS3D and the issue appears to no longer occur.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Hehe - i had this problem when i used it - mainly why i switched to Darkphysics.

I have AMD Athlon X2 5200+, Geforce 7600GS, 2GB Ram, 240GB HDD and one hell of a headache
Demon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem is still happening every once in awhile.

After researching this issue everywhere it appears that this is some kind of bug in the dll. And it seems like it's been doing this for a very long time, and not been resolved.

General Reed I'll probably be giving Darkphysics a try. Especially now that there aren't any more restrictions with it.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok but dont get me wrong, Darkphysics is an excelent product - but if i were you i would make sure the new update is out before purchasing. Acording to mike it should be out in about a months time - tho weather that time will be met or not - i dont know

I have AMD Athlon X2 5200+, Geforce 7600GS, 2GB Ram, 240GB HDD and one hell of a headache

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 15:00:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 15:00:27