Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Sparky's -- Offsetting the collision sphere from the object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2007 19:55
I'm probably just supposed to mess with the correct variable here, I guess. Have basically copied the code example in third person into my current project, because I'm very much running out of time.

Anyway, what I need is to know how to offset the position of the object within the collision sphere from the sphere itself.

See, as the sphere uses the object's zero-point (=origo in the 3D program), the object stands in the middle of the collision sphere when Sparky's is activated.

How can I easily do away with this? I guess modifying a variable somewhere by half of the object's Y size would do the trick?

Anyone with a better knowledge of the old example that could help me?
thebulk71
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 17:01
I have uploaded my own displacement engine, it is very simple to use and has basic physics... feel free to use it in your game. Otherwise, try modifying the following command

good luck

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 14:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 14:22:56