Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Blue Gui - Screen / Work area dimensions / scrolling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 14:06
Does anyone know how to retrieve / calculate the work area dimensions? For example, I have a Menu bar, tool bar and status bar. I want to add a panel down the left hand side of the screen, but need to know how to calculate the top and bottom.

The second issue is this: What Gadget would you use to make a scrollable panel, and whow do you enable the scrollers? Say I have a panel that cannot fit all of the information into the space designated, I'd like to scroll the panel contents.

Thanks in advance.

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 19:34 Edited at: 10th May 2007 19:43
Edit--

Quote: "The second issue is this: What Gadget would you use to make a scrollable panel, and whow do you enable the scrollers? Say I have a panel that cannot fit all of the information into the space designated, I'd like to scroll the panel contents."

This one is a fun one. What I do is put all of the gadgets that I want to scroll in a panel, then put that panel inside a parent panel. Lets call them ParentPanel and ChildPanel, so ChildPanel is inside ParentPanel then you can reposition ChildPanel and you will see ChildPanels contents 'scroll' inside the ParentPanel.

Visit the Wip!
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2007 22:57 Edited at: 10th May 2007 23:07
The First Issue

To calculate the required height you need the height of the window, IE: GadgetHeight(Main) and you take away the height of the Statusbar or Toolbar
IE:

I dont think you need to remove the height of the MenuBar, (I dont)
and you should be able to do the same with the width if needed, IE: -GadgetWidth(ListView)

Hope this helps in some way

Edit: Hi Alquerian, That sounds like a good way, I change the YPos for Every Item instead of putting them in a second panel.

Everybody Be Cool, You Be Cool.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 21:47
thanks guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 15:27:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 15:27:43