Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Bacteriophage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2007 15:16 Edited at: 16th Jun 2007 06:39
[ EDIT - PLEASE SEE THE NEW TOPIC IN PROGRAM ANN. REGARDING UPDATED VERSION here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=108266&b=5 - Thanks ]

When you decide something is impossible, it becomes just that.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 01:02
looks cul dude.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 10:10
I think the bonuses should be easier to get at higher levels because after a while it becomes almost impossible to win unless you wait ages for them to clump up. It's not a bad game though, just needs more playtime.

Good Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 12:36
You didn't read the directions- you don't have to wait on them because RIGHT mouse click randomizes the bacteria, and you can do this unlimited times without penalty.

This was mentioned in the original post...

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 13:17
I see, I got to level 29 with right clicking. Though as said before you still have to right click quite a few times for those really good positions to come up, though I'm not sure how you could improve this.

Good Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 17:49
A lot of the strategy involves learning how to see good shots.

I consider thie game/project very much an experiment, and I have already tried a number of prototype variations. This is why I value your suggestions, even if they aren't right for the game they keep my old mental wheels grinding away.

Thanks to those who ran off and got addicted and forgot to post back.

Good Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 07:35
I updated the zip file download of the game, attached to the original post. The new version includes many gameplay, polish, and flow changes.

Good Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 20:40
I guess people don't bother to test much on here- come on, the game isn't that bad. Do any of the forum posters do anything but lurk!?

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 00:06
It's a pretty good game, it just lacks anything 'special'. I mean, they don't move or fight back or anything, so it's just you clicking in busy places. It gets a bit boring after a while. Powerups, and special types of bacteria, etc. would make this much better!

Good Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 17:46 Edited at: 16th Jun 2007 06:39
Thanks for the feedback. I've been exploring many different directions for the game to take. Once the polish and design plans for phage are fully implemented, I will use the phage project as basis code for sandboxing future projects. I will keep this thread updated if new test versions are released.

[ EDIT - PLEASE SEE THE NEW TOPIC IN PROGRAM ANN. REGARDING UPDATED VERSION here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=108266&b=5 - Thanks ]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 22:53:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 22:53:57