Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / SpaceCop: Darkside of the Cresent Moon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 00:27
I'm underway with my Darkside of the Cresent Moon Project. I am currently working on my own, but may need help over time. This is my first big project and I hope the final project ends up good. Please post some feedback, so I have inspiration to keep going. I cant post any screenshots because A: I dont know how to get them and B: if I put a link to them from my site, my site will be deleted, I already had one deleted . Cya later.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 00:31
Oh yeah. The game has two genres, when you fly around space, it's a shooter, when you land on a planet, its a RTS.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 00:33
And if it wasnt for my two friends, Ian and Osei, this game wouldnt have what is currently planned.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 01:37
Um, first off welcome to the forums...
second you've posted on the wrong board, the description says this is for COMPLETED programs only
third you have not told us ANYTHING about your game, you have no screenshots, no site, you didn't tell us any story or details and you want feedback.
Fourth you are (no offense) a noob, who wants to complete a big project that is an RPG and RTS in one, both of which are extremely difficult games to make, even for an expert.
I'm sorry for being so negative, but it's the truth.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 02:10
i have to stick up for him here, he did post in the beta section about a week ago, there's some info on it there, and it sounds quite good.

it is actually a remake of a game that he has already made, but being updated through the use of db, so he should finish this, the fact that he made the original says he has the determination to stick with it and finish

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:21
If you want a story for the game, here it is.
Here, I'll give you a bit of the story, note this isnt real (just in case you thought it was)......

2010: The war against terrorism is still going strong, all but a few weak terrorist groups have been defeated. The war is scheduled to end in 3 months.

2012: After his second term in office, G.W. Bush is replaced by a new president, Zack Montalvo. He vows to stop all terrorism completely. 3 Months after he becomes president, he has wiped the earth of all terrorism activities.

2016: After being replaced by a different president, Zack goes into hiding.

2017: James Jamaica creates the DORU (Destructive Orbital Reconacence Unit) and wins a nobel peace prize for creating the first casual spacecraft.

2026: An uproar begins in south carolina. An army of terrorists, led by ex president Zack Montalvo kills 5000 citezens in less than 3 days. After this act, he and his army steal as many DORU as possible and fly to the moon. There they set up the first colony ever made on the moon.

2034: David Montalvo, Zack's own brother (and current president) decides that Zack and his terrorist army must be stopped at all costs. They have already killed more that 70% of the earths population. David Montalvo fires an UltimecianNuclearMissle and blows up a big chunk of the moon, making it a permanent cresent moon.

2134: One hundred years after the last incedent, a new terrorist group, called the MontalvoX, takes control of all territory beyond the cresent moon. That year a new force of Bounty Hunters, or SpaceCops, are trained to take out the MontalvoX

2140: All of the MontalvoX are destroyed by the SpaceCop. The entire now colonized universe celebrates about the end of the biggest event of all time. Only a handfew of major criminals still reside in the universe, and its the spacecops job to find and destroy them.

2141: One year after the end of the MontalvoX incedent ended, the Magi are discovered. Researchers try to research them as much as possible, but cannot because they never seem to be found by anyone.

Present: You, Nigel Vhan, are a SpaceCop and you must find and destroy as many criminals as possible.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:33
Ah I see, didn't know about your previous post but... what was the point in this one?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:43
sorry if I always get the message board mixed up, I'm reletively new here.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:45
just to explain about the history of the spacecop games and how it all got started.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 01:34
and to talk about this new game, its realy nothing like the other one
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 06:21 Edited at: 6th Jul 2003 17:57
Ok, I'm not sure if anyone is still looking at this, waiting for updates, but if you must know, I finally found a routine that will help me create the weapons. I already have 2 done (graphics, and animation) and I will have more in a quick amount of time. If you actually check on my website, you'll be able to see all of my updates, and a few screenshots. I've created 3 different camera views so far (the usual top down shooter camera, a 2nd person camera, and a 3rd person camera.) I am going to switch it around a little so you have to fly through levels instead of roam freely through space. The 3d model for the DORU is pitiful (because I made it myself in limited time, and I cant fix it up, my modeler is constantly malfunctioning, so I could edit the mesh, yet it will extrude it to 500 x away from where I want it) so I could use some help with the 3D models. I already have someone for music, maybe this gig can launch his band into the popularity of the world. If you want to see some outdated code (quite outdated, its changed quite a bit since my last update), go to my website. As soon as I have something worthwhile to show you people, I'll post it. But the game is only about 15% done, so it will be quite awhile. Maybe I can release a beta by August 22nd (my estimated finish date.) So if anybody has any feedback, please feel free to email me. Oh, a note to the people who said I couldnt do it by myself, you're right, I need help, bad.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
WarHunterX
Years of Service
User Offline
Its hard to get help around here, unless you have a really (REALLY) good and unique idea. I suggest checking out www.darkbasic.com for great tutorials (they taught me). And start small. Alot smaller.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 07:48
Eh, the game isnt that bad, just a shooter. I am gonna make it a little simpler, maybe only a standard top down camera, maybe less than 10 weapons, but, I'm gonna keep it in the world where the entire Darkside of the Cresent Moon series is gonna be, and if any of you must know, since I've given little to no info about this game, and I always think 100 moves ahead, each of the 5 games planned for the series is gonna be a different genre, this is gonna be the only SpaceCop game included in the series (followed by Devil Racer, then Sharpshooter, then Magi, then the final game, yet to be unnamed), and all of the main characters are related to eachother in the same way (hint: they are all a lengendary race of (the title of the first game) and a dark (title of the first game) is trying to destroy the world, yet the entire plot in unveiled gradually through the entire series.) I bet most of you think I'm stubborn, for thinking far more ahead than I should, but thats ok, I'm a stubborn idiot that doesnt know his limit. But enough chit chat, if you have any questions about this game, go ahead and ask, I wont mind revealing every one of my stupid plots that I always seem to change.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
CarlTaylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 00:18
I'm just curious...

why did they shoot a nuke at the moon?

its probably really obvious, but i dont understand..

P4 2gig, 256mb RAM, 64mb DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 w/ TV Out
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 02:34
Read year 2026. The terrorist group created a base on the moon. They were so dangerous, they decided to nuke the moon to get rid of them.

Rabid Spatula
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool game Can't wait to see screenshots and a demo!

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 05:03
If you want to see some screenshots (I am constantly working on it, so the ones I have might be outdated) check out my website, and go to the project area. I also have some outdated code for the game there as well, just in case you wanted to see what I had as the code about 3 weeks ago.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2003 19:25
For those waiting for updates for my game, expect a demo soon (as soon as I create a custom collision system, the DB collisin commands freeze my computer or reduce frame rate to 1 FP5S (Frames Per 5 Seconds)) And thanks to Hell IVIonkey for helping me with that hyperspace routine. If you want to see a handfull (only about 4) of new pics, check out my website, in the project area.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:43:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:43:03