Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / WIP My New game in progrss "U187" (Universal 187)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 20:34 Edited at: 5th Jun 2007 02:26
Hi guys, since I have been away I have fixed a lot of bugs on multiplayer games and single player in the fps creator editor so I am making another attempt to make a game that WONT CRASH OR MESS UP otherwise I will pull out what little hair I have left.

I wanted to make a decent game using just the model packs 1-6 and sprite pack etc that the game creators have for sale. Plus some custom signs.

I have designed the SWAT area of the police station so far and am starting to work on the actual station building itself.

STORY:

The story is a new police station is being opened on the outskirts of L.A. which combines a prison, a police precinct and SWAT team all under the one roof and location. You are the new police captain and are in charge of the project. However, as the first 3 bus loads of inmates arrive, which contain some of the most ruthless killers and gangsters in the state, or maybe even the world, a planned hit by outside gangs is set in motion and the buses are attacked.

The gangs which are related to several of the mob bosses that have been arrested and are on the buses then start to attack the station while it is not 100% up to its full quota of men that should be there operating it. They ravage the place killing everyone ruthlessly with knives, fire axes and with our own guns stolen from the SWAT armoury.

One person they missed though is the new captain who was setting up his new office in the SWAT department. The crooks kill the only 2 people in that department at the time, or so they think. Hiding under your desk with no weapon you must seek out aa weapon and take back the station yourself until you can radio for help.

Once you radio for help when you enter the station you are ordered by the governor of the state to execute order U187. An order only the governor, police chiefs and captains know about. It states that any prison or station overthrown by its prisoners where the prisoners are armed and have killed officers or civilians at the scene, grants the officers at the location to begin universal summary executions to bring the situation under control. With a licence to commit 187's universally on all inmates, the story begins....

I will also be incoporating my own music within the game with my ion USB drumkit and also some video sequences using flash and then converting it to an avi file to play in game to add a bit more depth.

Hope someone can test it fo rme at some stage.

Hear no evil, see no evil

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 20:35
one of the deaths in the SWAT department

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 20:35
a view of the SWAT hangar with gun style cage

Attachments

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 23:51
I really like the 3rd pic

You should add some blood splats under the corpse of the policeman. Mabye add a little more lighting to the area shown in the first pic of slightly different colours to add some dramatic effect.
Just my opinion though. You don't need to do that.

Meh...
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 02:06
no problemo monkey here are a few more pics as I have finished the swat area and am now outside which is kinda a closed off building site as there are statues being built outside the police station. You open the large garage door the humvee is in front of and go left around a fenced off area and up teh steps and enter the police station which is what i will have to work on next.

Check out these pics one is the updated blood splatter you talked about i tried blood before but the light and shadow effects kept makin it turn black but it was because it was raised off the ground slightly. Now I have got it down to a T .

The other pics are added lights specially different colours u mentioned and some lights on the outside of the building to help illuminate it as its still under construciton they are different oclours too what u think now?

Any more feedback keep it comin mate.

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 02:16
here is some of the lights dotted around the construction barrier to show its police property

Attachments

TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Dude this looks pretty good Only one thing the fact that the axe is almost twice the guys size it a little odd you should try to re-scale it with something like entity workshop, MagicFPS or something
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 03:50
lol good point i am lookin at it again and i think the guy musta been killed by andre the giant or something with an axe that big lol

hmmm i have magic fps to do my signs and all with but i am not too good with modelling i am afraid yet unless would u know how to do it or someone and then show me how to reinstall it as the smaller axe? thanks. Oh also could they do it for a knife as well thats in model pack 6 i think cause in the swat changing room area beside the office one guy has 2 knive stuck in him but now u mentioned this i see the knives as well belong to andre too

thanks for input man

heres the knife throw which caught this guy in a painful spot

Attachments

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 05:19
OOOWWWWWYYYY!

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Well you can re-scale it by opening it in-

and open the texture-

And Re-size it
Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 18:04
I think it's from a model pack,
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 19:32 Edited at: 5th Jun 2007 19:33
yhh, looks better Like the outside area alot. Can I suggest adding some more blue lights on the ground etc, so it doesn't look as if those lights are only illuminating a small part of the wall.

Meh...
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 21:52
Hey test of will sorry dude cant make it any smaller i am afraid gonna need to purchase a modelling package sometime and resize it and add some of my own models

very close slayer222 its from model pack 6 segments "Modern Day" section. I always like making my own rooms out of segments as those prefabs and stuff dont go well together i.e the wall and ground textures do not blend too well.

Here is an updated pic for pic for butt monkey with the lights omittin a cornered refelction, like an l shape on the wall and on the ground. Also included is the start of the police station which i have constructed one room inside already as the reception area. Once you go down this alley way or entry u turn right and go through and you see the front of the station. There are two cool statues with yellow lightin effects on them I think anyway which shows how they would appear when place is opened.

Check em out.... keep feedback comin dudes my first baddy is in the reception area of the station who is an inmate whose killed the sargeant at the desk and stole his gun.

Peace out

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 22:08
front of police station. Will contain more light on second level of wall as there will be a police banner draped across the entrance when i find a good picture to use for it.

this is one of the statues on one side of entrance and same on other side. This pic is takin from when turnin right at end of alley way then underneath a bit of fence then straight up these steps i am standing on.

Attachments

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 23:13
can you turn up the ambiance a bit please (at least for the pictures)? use the , and . keys to change the ambiance in game. So are you saying you sued the model pack mesh and a new texture?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 22:23
hey slayer man, just workin on the outside of the police station with a good picture to hang on outside and got some evidence room pics for signs etc and stuff too i am gonna create. Yeah all the walls are from the fps creator packs i use fps magic to do my signs but i am not very good at present with makin new textures and stuff.

Some of the walls and stuff are the outside part of some of the segment parts which are slightly different from the inside. As I use wall editing mode only to paint out the outline of my rooms first the inside might be the inside etc lol

I will get some more light into those dark parts so that the sign etc can be seen and I post some new pics maybe tomorrow or tonight lata guys back to work i guess

hazzman

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 23:04
K thanks cause at the moment I can't see much in the pics.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 23:23
hey slayer hopefully this is a bit easier to see. Thats pretty much the outside done with, working on inside now however when you approach the building after i build more inside and a few floors up, the extra floors will be visible on top of this 2 story bottom layer. The part goin up the middle of the building will be a stair case that you can look out a window from above, down onto this whole entry and swat department section.

The banner or badge outside is now up with 2 desktop lamps which i rotated on their Y axis to get them facin down the way as i noticed there is no wall furniture that points directly down. The effect i think works good.

I am gonna have to go and do my course tonight and continue with c++ part so i wont be able to do anymore till tomorrow so until then guys on this game.

Hazzman

Attachments

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 00:46
like it.

I don't care what they say. T3DGM Rules!!!
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 00:53 Edited at: 7th Jun 2007 00:54
This is pretty good.
The easiest way to change the size of the axe,is to adjust the scale in the entity's .fpe.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 01:04
That's much better, thanks. There is more lighting now, good job man. Let me guess you are running V1.04?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 01:24
yeah i am using 1.04 its best one so far tried 1.05rc but it got too many bugs and finally got everything i wanted workin on version 4 definately the best.

will try that rolfy tomorrow man if i cant get it sorted i will come back for more help from ya lol

lata dudes till tomorrow

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 00:10
Looks gooood

Meh...
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 00:20
ok otnight i have been concentrating on reducing some slowdown specialyl on walk to police station and have suceeded i had too many static lights whose range was too wide and reached into other rooms etc they dont need to so they have all been toned down and more smaller niche areas of light produced.

This is final outside of what police station looks like and have gota good bit done in inside as pics show.

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 00:29
this is inside the inmate will have killed the desk sargeant and stole his weapon. He is keeping guard while his other mates are ransacking the place and stealing the guns from the police armoury etc.

I will be adding textures again to the wall which will look like bill boards and wanted posted etc inside and police directiongs like arrows and stuff pointing to other rooms like the armoury or staff office etc.

if i cant find any good pics on net of them i will make themmyself.

Attachments

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 15:03
Game engine test demo this wednesday.

I will be posting what I have done already for this game on my website which is currently under construction but the home page, how to make games, and the projects links are currently the only links that work at present.

it is available at www.techville.co.uk from tomorrow at 7pm GMT time as I am from Northern Ireland hence the long delay for any users who wanna test it in the states etc. The demo will be in teh downloads section.

I would appreciate any feedback and any major slowdown issues or collision problems etc or anything minor or strange that happens in the game on someone elses computer. My friends dont think this game will be good enough as a standalone game but i want to prove them wrong so your feedback as always will be taken into account and the game improved upon.

Don't forget 7pm tomorrow night on monday 11th june

hazzman

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 07:43
k sounds cool

EOT
[img][/img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 23:52
hi guys sorry about delay in posting on here and the demo on my website its finally there its not very long at all just i am making sure all details are perfect from start which is why there is not alot when u enter the police station but you can see how it is taking shape.

I will be working tomorrow night (Tuesday), wednesday night and thursday night on this game to get the police station finished it is the biggest part of the game and the prison. Let me know how the graphics etc hold up on your computers, any feedback you can give or pointers all will be taken into consideration.

Check out my updates section on my website for known bugs or parts I would like to sort out myself when another demo or the full version is released. Any bugs or anomalies that happen tell me where and what happened they will be posted on my website and the specs of your computers etc too just to see what the minimum requirement for a user could be to play the game.

Thanks guys,

Here is the download link: http://www.techville.co.uk/download.htm

its about 50MB

Lata

hazzman

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 01:10
ok thanks I'll try and test it out soon
*Slayer_2