Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / &$^%* How to uninstall!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is anyone else having this problem?

I am trying to uninstall DBP from my XP system via the normal Add/Remove Programs section and EVERY time it says that it can't because a file is in use - even after a fresh boot.

"Error: CreateFile(C:\DOCUME~1\USER\Temp\xxxx.tmp
The Process cannot access the file because it is in use by another process"

xxxx.tmp = the word set followed by a number which is different each time I try (eg. set4.tmp or set11.tmp)

Please help.
Can I have my cake now?
CountZer0
Years of Service
User Offline
bump

Can I have my cake now?
Musicman
Years of Service
User Offline
Same exact thing happened to me. I had both the demo and the full version loaded and it was crashing (turned out my Extigy was not plugged in) - but I still cannot uninstall it if I wish to.

Mike

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 04:02
I could uninstall DBpro without any problems running in Windows XP. I have some ideas for u

- After reboot your machine, press ctrl+alt+del and close all programs in there, but not explorer cause it's windows itselfs. There's a real chance that some file are still in use.

- Check ur system with a good anti-virus. 99% of my temp files with weirdo names were damn virus that we get while surfing on the net ( mostly spywares )and the funny is, always in the same folder as you have ur strange xxx file...

- I don't know what Language is windows XP ( My is not in english ), so perhaps could just be a bug with some languages ( I had a problem Uninstalling and installing games b4 )

Well, good lucky bud. Im not sure either if all I said was just s*it but give it a try

Rogue
CountZer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Fixed it.

It turns out that the DBPro installation does not appear to be a "standard" Windows installation. That is, I couldn't use the Add/Remove files option in Control Panel to do it.

However, if you insert the original DBPro CD and click install you are presented with the ability to remove it properly and it works.

Cheers for the help anyway ppl.

Can I have my cake now?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:30:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:30:35