Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 10:46
What happend to all the things we were promised when this first came out with character controllers? And whatever happened to fixing the documentation? I don't recall an update on the documentation...ever. I have found many posts that say that character controllers will have the ability to push rigid bodies around in the future,but that has yet to come. In like two months,it will be the 1 year aneversary from when dark physics was released,and we still have many of the problems we had then... So...when will this stuff be fixed? will it ever be fixed? I mean,right now,it does as much as newton,unless you were to have a physx card.

Hello
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 14:57
Quote: "I mean,right now,it does as much as newton"

Everything you said is pretty accurate, except for that. Newton doesn't even compare to Dark Physics.

I'm really surprised that TGC dropped support for Dark Physics as quickly as they did. I thought that perhaps after the compo they'd want to know what was wrong with it, but no luck. I've gotten my money's worth, but it is supposed to do a lot more. It isn't to Dark Basic's credit that it still doesn't. This is something else that Dark Basic critics can cite.

Come see the WIP!
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 16:38
Quote: "I'm really surprised that TGC dropped support for Dark Physics as quickly as they did."

Hey Cash, is this true or it just to get a response from TGC?

(PS: If true, can we assume that DBPro is on its last legs, will be superseded by DBPro X10 and therefore unsupported by the end of the year? ) - even though the uptake of Vista is about 5% of the PC gaming market - see link for "Windows version" summary.

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

According to this survey, dropping XP support at in favour of Vista , at this time, is "financial suicide".

PPS: Note that 525,099 is a HUGE survey number -> before anyone tries to discount this on those grounds.)

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 17:07
Well, I exaggerate for effect. I know they haven't 'dropped' support, yet at this time that is what it amounts to.

I'm sure they're working hard on X10 in order to stay on the cutting edge. Thing is, I'm not interested in making games for X10 for some time yet. XP will live on for some time now. I am very much interested in support continuing for existing products. A new product, no less.

Come see the WIP!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 18:56
Quote: "I'm really surprised that TGC dropped support for Dark Physics as quickly as they did"

I think it's a matter of prioritising. TGC are doing a lot more than we see in the development products. So TGC priorities and user priorities are misaligned. I know for definite, though, that it is still being developed and we will see the fruits of this eventually. I have seen screenshots of stuff Mike has done that we can't with the public version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:45:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:45:41