Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Someone explain phy attach cloth vertex to shape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2007 17:19 Edited at: 18th Jun 2007 06:51
Hi,
Can someone explain
phy attach cloth vertex to shape ID, vertex, object, x#, y#, z#, mode

call a bit more to me.

I'm assuming the parameter "vertex" can be found by converting shape to mesh, then locking the mesh, and getting the vertices, unlock. I've tried it and it seems to work but I can't attach more than 1 vertex of the cloth to the mesh. A yes or no as to whether it can be done will do and I will go off researching further.
EDIT
----------------
Yes? No?
----------------

Essentailly I'm trying to attach a cape to a dynamic rigid object and it just doesn't do it. I've not tried ragdolls yet. My 3D figure took along time to sculpt and want to have it as the rigid/dynamic body (I use phy make rigid body dynamic mesh).
EDIT
------------------
Simplified question ... can I attach any choosen vertex of cloth to any choosen vertex of either rigid body or non-rigid body (ie animated mesh)?
-------------------

I also wanted to wrap a cloth upon itself to make like a sock or bag and have that effected by gravity. That should be do-able once I can get the vertices of the cloth I should be able to connect one end to the other to make my magic sock, right?
EDIT
----------------------
It really is hard to find things here sometimes ... use this command
phy make cloth from object ID, object
---------------------------------------

Also is there a complete list of all commands in Dark Physics? The documentation seems to not have all of them nor does it explain the parameters very well IHMO? Even the updates is lacking?

Any help is appreciated!
EDIT
------------
Why do I feel like I am talking to myself?
------------------
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 06:32
Dunno about your problem, but if you go under DarkPhysics and click Reference, I've always found what I've needed there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:16:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:16:51