Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / FULL GAME RELEASE: Are you the best games player in the world?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 09:04
Banshee Studios

presents

ASTEROIDS

Featuring our popular Netscore service for internet hi-score tracking we're laying down the gauntlet for games players world wide. Let's see if you really are as good as you claim to be!

To accomodate this launch we've just set up a new high bandwidth web host, the http://www.bansheestudios.com domain name may take a few days to register, so in the meentime you can use this link direct to the server: http://202.157.169.12/

The download is just under 15mb.

Note that our old http://www.banshee.ukhq.co.uk address is not hosting the Asteroids file as it is too big for that server, the site will be closed and left redirecting to the new domain name as soon as the DNS registers in a few days.
Pneumatic Dryll
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~thane/char01.jpg[/img]
Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Awsome game! You did a great job on this one. My highscore is 30,000 on my second try. Runs great, very smooth and polished.
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 12:35
Hi, I’ve only had one game, but I just had to break off and tell you how AWESOME this is!
No time to talk - must play…
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 13:13 Edited at: 26th May 2003 16:11
nice website though the title page picture looks a little complex, at first glance it looks like rubbish, no offence. Well its better than mine .

Anyway I'm D/Ling the game now

Heh heh... Mule...
http://www.stellarblue.vze.com/
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 13:46
whoa! movement so slow! Great game, but the speed of the ship a little slow...

How are you supposed to dodge a high-speed asteroids? you just barely dodge it or crash into it.

Other than the ship speed, it is the best game I have played so far (the second best was Virtual insanity but the restriction killed it ).

Heh... Mule...
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 15:56
Wicked game. Like the high score thingy as it makes you want to keep playing to get up the table.

I agree with Kfoong though, the ship move too slowly. Hopefully there are some speed-up powerups or it is just too difficult. As soon as an enemy ship fires you have NO chance to move out of way!

Gronda, Gronda
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 03:06
Don`t worry guys we are going to release a patch on Wednesday to speed it up a bit for you. Anything to make you guys happy! Glad you like it. We were a bit concerned at first the size was a bit big for most people to download but we couldn`t resist adding all the stuff to it. See ya on Netscore

Nick Igoe
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 03:23
After a few games got used to the speed although just a tad faster would be nice, but thanks for listening!

The Netscore thingy seems to work great. Hopefully the high-score files are not easy to crack because no doubt some toe rag will want to get to top of chart.

Glad to see you can't cheat by trying to hide just off the edge of the screen where you think you are safe!

Just a silly question from a thicko: what are the red blocks in top of screen (starts at 1 but looks like it goes up to 5).

Gronda, Gronda
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 03:34
The red blocks show how many lives you have

The hi-score chart is reasonably protected using a variety of methods - but I wont claim that it is impervious to hacking.

Our Episode V: Battle for Hoth game also has a Netscore feature btw.

Pneumatic Dryll
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 05:00
anyone who has to hack a game score would have to be pretty sad, especially without it being a competition just a challenge
me download when i not so tired ... that and when i finish my DLLs... must finish DLLs (-_-)z z Z Z

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 05:27
Oh yes, must try out Battle for Hoth! So many things I wanted to try when my sound wasn't working, and then when I fixed it I forgot them all.

Will try out both those games.

Will you pay me for topping the charts ?

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 16:55
Cool.
Another problem though, that I found was that the asteroids can hide in the sides and you cannot see them. I could not find any more asteroids so I flew around and when I went to the side something crashed into me and I died .

Heh heh... Mule...
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 01:30
I just want to say thanks for the game. I love it.
I’m totally knackered through lack of sleep because of this game.
Ship speed-up would be cool. Look forward to that
Thanks again
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 02:30
Judging by the high score table I think Snaggletooth is trying to take over the entire top 100!

Gronda, Gronda
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 03:04
lol I doubt I’ll be able to do that.
I got lucky with that 5th place score. I picked up one of those wide spray power-ups at the end of that level with the gun-mounted asteroids. I was able to wipe out the following wave in about 10 seconds.
When more people upload their scores most of mine will disappear.

I haven’t played today we had guests. But they’re gone now, so maybe a couple of goes before bed
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 03:57
A bug has been found which is effected movement speed on slow machines, this is why some users couldn't bare the speed, and others loved the game.

This will be remedied on Wednesdays patch.

Pneumatic Dryll
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 05:21
Can't connect, just like in DBC

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 14:56
Can't connect to what Mouse? I'm sorry I don't understand the context of your post, you don't connect to the web page? How's that related to DBC? Please explain because i'm all confused and concerned now

Pneumatic Dryll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:48:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:48:38