Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Blast Pong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 04:51 Edited at: 24th Jun 2007 00:09
Blast Classic Arcade Attack!
So, I thought I would just update this post instead of making a bunch of threads on finished classic arcade remakes. Reason for this is to learn how to program, and solve basic problems found when creating all types of games. So far I've learned a lot, and plan on learning more. I plan to create roughly 10 of these mini games by the end of the week. I think that will give me a good head start on an original project of mine, which I've yet to come up with, lol! Wish me luck!

Classic Game Finished:
-Blast Pong
-Blast Snake
-Blast Invaders

In The Works:
-Blast Asteroids

In Design:
-Blast Tank
-Blast Frogger

Original Post:
Yes it's pong, and it's 3D, heh. I've fixed all the bugs from my WIP post, and it's done. It seems when I started on my late project Atomic Satellite from Venus, I was in a little over my head. I couldn't get anything to really work right. So I decided, well all the senior programmers are telling noobs to make pong first and work your way up. So I took the advice and did just that. Now that this is finished, time to go onto my next project...yet to be decided.

Controls:
Player 1: w/s - move paddle up and down
Player 2: o/l - move paddle up and down

Score 3 to win!

Screen shot:

Source Code(if anyone wants to give me programing tips):

Thanks for everyone who helped me fix the bugs. I actually learned a lot about programing just from doing this 3 day project.

Enjoy!

BWM FTW!

"I wish I was a wizard, becuase then I could wave my wand and perfect code would just appear."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 07:42 Edited at: 21st Jun 2007 07:46
Finished my second project, Snake. I think if I do a couple more of these simple games, I'll be ready to tackle something more challenging. So, any requests for the next classic game remake?

Screen Shot:

Controls:
Up/Down/Left/Right - control the snakes direction of movement
If you hit a wall or yourself, game over
Red fruits are 10 points
Yellow fruits are 20 points

Source Code(Comments and suggestions wanted):

BWM

"I wish I was a wizard, becuase then I could wave my wand and perfect code would just appear."

Attachments

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 19:49
Updated original post! Started on my next mini project: blast invaders. Plan to complete by dinner time, lol. Then off to my next project, yet to decide.

BWM

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 07:36 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2007 07:51
Project 3 is done! Blast Invaders. Trust me, it might feel slow in the beginning, but it will pick up, and you will die, lol!

Controls:
left/right - move your ship left and right
space - fire!!

Screen Shot:

Source:

and attached game at the bottom. ENJOY!

Post your scores! Want to see how far people get.
I got 4620 points, beat that

BWM

Edit:
TO MODS:
Can you change the title of this thread(if possible) too:
"Blast Classic Arcade Attack Remakes" ? Thanks if you can.

Attachments

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 08:12
Very nice Blastwave, I can't believe no one has posted on these yet. I really suggest to you guys to play the space invaders game it's real fun!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Blast every single game is fantastic!

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 00:09
Would like some nice old feedback on the games and the source code if anyone has the time to play and look through them. Though with my next project Asteroids, which is nearly done, I'm hoping I show much much improvement. Only thing I'm still not certain on is 'types', but I'll soon learn them.

Lazlazlaz 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 19:33
types are pretty simple really.

Create a type:

Then declare an array as this type

Then you can access the different type values in the array objects using:

So for asteroids I guess you would use something like:

Hopefully that might be helpful, if not oh well.

Blastwave man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 21:29
that makes a lot more sense. the examples don't use arrays in them, so I was confused on how to implement types for a mass amount of objects. thanks for that.

Lazlazlaz 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 23:16
no prob man

Currently working on an un-named 2D Space RPG based on the Firefly/Serenity universe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 19:50:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 19:50:15