Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 Suggestion -- Custom CV HUD Systems. Money, Score, Requirements, Custom value. Possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be nice if X10 had custom CV HUD Systems that the user could customize. This could be a money system, scoring system, requirement system.

For example, the player might have to collect a certain amount of money before they can advance to the next level.

-OR-

The player must collect a certain amount of money before retrieving a certain visible entity in the game.

Maybe there is a store at the beginning of the level, and they player must walk over an entity and "buy" the entity by deducting a certain amount from the specific value.

Just a thought.
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 17:14 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 17:14
Quote: "It would be nice if X10 had custom CV HUD Systems that the user could customize. This could be a money system, scoring system, requirement system.

For example, the player might have to collect a certain amount of money before they can advance to the next level.

-OR-

The player must collect a certain amount of money before retrieving a certain visible entity in the game.

Maybe there is a store at the beginning of the level, and they player must walk over an entity and "buy" the entity by deducting a certain amount from the specific value.

Just a thought. "

I believe global variables would be the most valued update ever.

Mike B

Call me Mike please
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 18:03
I agree with the requirement system. Most published games require you to acclomplish something every level other than getting from Point A to Point B.

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea. Even though in V1 you must complete objective 1+, it has no requirement system as far as health and CV HUD values.

Agreed. Hopefully someone from TGC will read this thread.
Wrong Noodle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 22:47
Quote: "It would be nice if X10 had custom CV HUD Systems that the user could customize. This could be a money system, scoring system, requirement system.

-OR-

Just a thought. "

They have been made in FPSC already, search the forums

Signature coming soon...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 07:36
returning to a previous level would be nice. It would give a whole new open endedness to FPSC, or perhaps even haveing 2 exits that go to seperate levels.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "They have been made in FPSC already, search the forums"

If you're talking about the money system, he wants a real variable for money, not using our health.

If you're talking about empty's mod, that doesn't have any of the features that the recent FPSC updates do, it's just V1 with variables.

[center]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 19:21
Empty's mod was useful back when it was released but FPSC has evolved far beyond that.We can't do any mods at present time until the source code is released.

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Hopefully when most bugs are fixed, TGC will release a new source code and add in some new features.
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 05:06
I'm sure all of this is possible through coding....however, I doubt that these things will be in the default engine. Now it may be included if it was called RPG Creator....
(sry for my rant)

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 00:34
dbpharoah did this in the original fpsc source code. and it would be great to add depth into games.
Quote: "however, I doubt that these things will be in the default engine. Now it may be included if it was called RPG Creator...."
you think a kills counter and and money to buy new weapons is Rpg specific?
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure someone who is REALLY good with DarkBASIC could play around with the source code in DB, but the releases source code is really outdated.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 05:47
I'm hoping the v106 source is released, because I wanna' see what I can do.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 19:00
Variables are already possible in FPSC I have a money variable that works??? I recently deleted it again but search money or manna and see what comes up.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2007 04:02 Edited at: 12th Aug 2007 04:22
Yeah, and maybe just maybe...
each entity could have a SCORE variable that can be adjusted via an FPI script. Oh yeah it will have that!
So, Money is very doable in X10, as are Gun Shops for obtaining or upgrading weapons.
Even purchasing the Building itself, receiving both Title (hud) and Keys (entry).
Yeah, having a score on each entity will bring more than money into the games.

Quote: "It would be nice if X10 had custom CV HUD Systems that the user could customize. This could be a money system, scoring system, requirement system."

Sounds like a HUD Pack request.
I'm sure there will be some RPG content made available after the release of FPSC X10.
Quite a few people have been wishing for RPG elements.

Quote: "I'm sure all of this is possible through coding....however, I doubt that these things will be in the default engine. Now it may be included if it was called RPG Creator...."

Hehehe

~ ~

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:55:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:55:03