Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / rolling fog, and weather affects.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 06:33
the title pretty much says it all. If we have particles now, than could the be a feather were FOG pours out of a pipe line or somthing, but doesnt go away for a awhile, and starts to fill the room, and then your air would start to go down.

also, weatch effects would be nice. lightning, thuder, rain, snow, and of course raing frogs from stephen King's rainy season...

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Even if I haven't even tried X10 yet, I think that the gas-thing you mentioned could be created simply by slowly changing some of the visual effects, like lighting, bloom, fog (etc.). After a while the air level would start to decrease. I think adding infinite ammount of particles into a one single room could soon kill the framerate.

Many of the features you mentioned could already be done with decals. Whit the more advanced technology of X10, things would look literally 10 times better!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 17:25
well, there wouldnt be an infinate amount of particles, thed go away after awhile. but i hadnt thought about the bloom increase for lightning, thats good aidea

plus, the rain decals dont really work THAT well, it looks cruddy when you have a bunch of them all at the same time.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:49:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:49:45