Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Ambient Lighting With BSPs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone else tried coloured ambient lighting in a bsp map since patch2. Since installing it my maps gone very grey and dull.

On a good note the patch seems to have sorted out most of the problems I was having. My collision stuff (Which I spent a week trying to get to work) suddenly started working with no changes to the code.
Musicman
Years of Service
User Offline
I apologize for not being able to answer your question - but I need to counter it with a question of my own.

What is the best way to CREATE bsp maps - complete with textures? What does one have to do to have a bsp map totally ready so I can just import it with the LOAD BSP command and that's it?

Thanks for your answers.

Mike

Lazzarus
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using GtkRadiant for creating the bsp. You can get it from ID Softwares website. For the textures I'm using Jpegs. You should be able to find some tutorials for it around the web.

Once you've created your map you will need to compile it to a bsp using Radiant. For the texture zip them into a single zip file and give it the same name as your bsp file. Once you have done this rename the file extension to pk3.

You should end up with two files for example

myMap.bsp
myMap.zip

where myMap is your map name.

Once you have your two files add them as media to your dark basic pro project.

Then just add the following lines to set it up.

You will need to add a loop with you control code and may need to play with the camera figures so they are correct for your map.

Hope this helps.

One last thing I think you may be able to include your bsp file in the pk3 file since patch 2 but I haven't tried it yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:53:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:53:24