Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Robocon (source inclued)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 22:13
I wrote a little game in 9 days. It was for a challenge which subject was "three keys", so ... the game needs only three keys. One has to make a little robot cross a maze, but despite the three keys limit, the robot can do many things (move in 2 directions (front, back), turn in 4 directions, push buttons, use radios, go through holes).

Screenshot :

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=robocon4xx8.png

The source is inclued in the zip file, but I must admit it's not well written and not well commented because I wrote it fast (9 days to find an idea, make the medias and program the game is short).

I also translated the game and the (big) readme file in English, you can download it there : http://www.seuret.com/download.php?id=13

Any comment will be welcome

The sleeper must awaken !
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 01:07
I really liked the game
Took a while to understand what I was supposed to do.
You probably haven't had any comments because A) the level selection is in french (sorry, not a lot of english speakers have good frech) B) you don't really explain what you have to do.
To help with the language problem I've attempted to translate.

French

English

I don't understand how to use the radio/telephones.
I really like the scripting idea.
Great game

I am king of the noobs!
Atreides
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2007 23:04
Thanks for your answer

I forgot to translate a few things, I think I skimmed the source code too fast to find the strings. I wonder why I did not use the search function to find all the ". I corrected it and recompiled the program.
I also removed the icon from the images\ directory and put it in the zip file with the source. It seems that the IDE preferes that - strange.
I just uploaded the new version on my server

I also explained a bit better what is the purpose of the game in the readme file. What do you think I should improve to make that readme more understandable ?

The radios aren't easy to use. Your robot must be at two squares from the radio (that means there must be exactly one square between the robot and the radio) and you must send the waves in the right direction. Oh, and your robot must be at the north, the south, the east or the west of the radio. It cannot be at the south-west, for example.
Look at the image in my first message. You need to use the radio which is near the exit door. If you are behind the wall, there is exactly one square between your robot and the radio, so you can use it.
You must first chose the radio menu (buttons 3, 3), then choose the direction of the radio with the lightnings (vertical -> up / down or horizontal -> left / right).

The scripts aren't needed in most maps, but I don't think you can finish the one called "The hard one" without one that makes the robot move foward, turn right and move foward again.

You can also use them in order to make the robot move faster and with less key hits

The sleeper must awaken !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 22:09:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 22:09:31