Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / What do you make Dialog and Windows on?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 10:31 Edited at: 17th Aug 2007 12:58
I have a Strange request...

When people want to make a Window or Dialog for DBPro via a DLL:
1. what are the prefered languages for creating windows?
2. Does anyone know where i can get the file format from for these languages

This may sound like a strange request, but its because im working on import options for my UI Designer, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=110695&b=8

so far i can import
Blues Rainbow Layouts, (.GUI)
VB 5/6 Forms, (.FRM)
VB.Net Projects, (.Designer.vb + .VBProj)
ResHack Exported Dialogs, (.RC)

These are the completed import options i have so far, all it imports is the window layouts so it can export them in DarkBasic Source.

Im looking to improve on this import list, but need to know what the most used languages are.

And sorry, i would of posted this in Programmers Talk, but its not a request for any paticular language

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 16:24
Well, I use Delphi for any desktop app I'm building. However, I'm not sure how you would go about importing much from it aside from the very basic standard Windows controls. You see, Delphi comes with several hundred components, plus almost any Delphi developer will add on another 1000 or so 3rd party components. Last I checked, I believe I had around 1500 components in my Delphi toolbox.

Anyway, Delphi can save its form files in a text version (.dfm file)
Here's an example form from CodeSurge. This is the "Find" form. Notice the glyph data, which is just an image stored right in the dfm.

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style.
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 16:41 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 19:08
Delphi?
I never thought about an Import Option for that, proberly as i dont have Delphi.
Quote: "I believe I have around 1500 components in my Delphi Toolbox"

I only have what blue provides, plus about 10 I've added.

Ho well, i can still import that code you posted, (basic gadgets Only), But i'll have to skip that glyph data as that means nothink to me

and Thanks
I currently have 8 import Options, This will be number 9

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 18:32
You can download the free Turbo Delphi from www.turboexplorer.com. It's limited in that you can't add any 3rd party design components. 3rd party runtime components are just fine though.

I tried to post the dfm for the main form of CodeSurge, but it was too long and the forum rejected it.

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style.
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 19:04 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2007 19:14
Importing Long Documents can take a while, maybe delphi will be better as an Import Script.

and Thanks for the link as i'll have to make a window with every gadget i can load in "Visual DarkBasic", (So i know what to look for), Although I have noted that I have a gadget or 2 that VB5/6 and .Net dont have, I wonder if Delphi will have them

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 20:11
@MSon
You obviously haven't clicked the browse button in the .net toolbox The ones you see normally are only a select few out of the many possible!

MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 12:06 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2007 12:07
Quote: "You obviously haven't clicked the browse button in the .net toolbox The ones you see normally are only a select few out of the many possible!
"

Many Possible What???

I dont have .Net, The only .Net project i've got is one PowerSoft sent me, (he uses vb.net)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 19:25:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 19:25:34