Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Shadows and FPSCX10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well we have all seen the shadows, but I need to know more

Will the shadows apply to custom charecters?

I haven't seen shadows on objects will they be shadows like for fpscx10 characters on objects?

How in the game did they make the light rotate 360 will we be able to have moving lights?
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will the shadows apply to custom charecters?"

Yes, since they are done in real time.
Quote: "I haven't seen shadows on objects will they be shadows like for fpscx10 characters on objects?"

Yes, check THIS VIDEO for example, you can see that barrels and boxes do cast shadows that move as they do. Same for other dynamic objects.
Quote: "How in the game did they make the light rotate 360 will we be able to have moving lights?"

Where did you see/hear this? I'm not sure if I have...
Previously moving lights were not possible.
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 10:12 Edited at: 20th Aug 2007 10:12
Quote: "Where did you see/hear this? I'm not sure if I have...
Previously moving lights were not possible."

Have you played the demo if not it shows stencil shadows and a light moves around the character showing his shadow move around
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Haven't tested the demo, since I'm still lacking the DX10 card and Vista.

But in the X10 the graphics in the editor match the graphics in the actual game, so it COULD have been done by moving a light source around in the editor, not in a game. I could be wrong tho'.

But if moving lights are now possible, it's a great improvement!
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
They've said moving lights are not going to be in X10 I believe... But the demo does have it happening to show the shadows. I think this was just added for that purpose only and not going to be added to the actual engine.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 23:15
Quote: "I think this was just added for that purpose only and not going to be added to the actual engine."

Why? Surely if they had the ability to do it ages ago in the very first tech demo, they can put it into the real application? Pointless or what?

[center]
The Join Button. Click it. You know you want to.
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
What I meant was the tech demo was pretty much all rehearsed. It was probably just put together in DarkBasicPro X10. Therefore that effect wasn't added to the FPSC X10 engine for the tech demo.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:12:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:12:59