Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Hand animation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 04:05
Are there any plans on adding hand animation to X10? FPSC X9 lacked in this field and made games feel "so" 1997.

[I say 1997 very loosely]

I would guess it would take around 3-6 weeks to add the animation and tweak it, so maybe this little idea could be an update for the future, after X10 has been released and all that?

Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
You can animate the hands by yourself (in FPSC x9) if you cant because you don't know how, this is a good reason to start in the wonderful world of 3D modeling , also the models packs 5 and 6 have some pretty decent hand animations, there many stuff more important than animations right now, like implement a "real" menu (customizable controls, audio settings and performance settings) to the final build games.

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon

http://www.freewebs.com/raycosantana/
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 05:23
No, I mean the character skeleton. I also know how to 3D model, been doing so since 2002. Animation is not the same as 3D modelling though, animation is a whole different skill, which I'm not very good with.

I also quote myself on this:

Quote: "so maybe this little idea could be an update for the future, after X10 has been released"

Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
So what wrong with it?

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon

http://www.freewebs.com/raycosantana/
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 05:42
The hands on the characters are not animated, so when a character holds a weapon, the weapon is stuck to the palm of the hand, with the characters fingers spread out.

If the hands where animated with a bone structure, it would add realism to games made with FPSC X10.

Hands would have idle, grip, movement etc. animations.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 05:57
the biped actually does have an extension for the fingers, just not all 4 + thumb. So grip animations are already possible (and even shown i believe in some animations)

its basic, but it works, unless you want full finger animation

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 18:43
Half Life 2 doesn't even have full finger animation. What valve have done is animate hand poses for different stances, from trigger fingers to movement.

If it is done, it would add a whole new edge to FPSC. The new hand animations would fit in with existing sets, making that part easier for the animator.

Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
This would require lots of extra work, since not all characters use the same model and animation. Plus it would be useless for user-made models. Currently the AI characters only have couple different gun holding animations/poses, so that as many weapons as possible would look decent in their hands.

But as said, there's always the "Do it yourself" possibility. And I wouldn't recommend doing any Half-Life 3's with FPSC, at least not straight away.

And what, 1997's FPS-es look so cute!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 05:30
I have the feeling people think I am a noob o.O

Every FPSC character has the same animation set, besides the custom characters some members may release.

I was only giving examples for an update, which would improve FPSC just that little bit, to give it that crisp edge.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:36:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:36:31