Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGUI - Can't get rid of message box on top of 3D window

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 23:18
Ordinarily I have no problems with the behavior of message boxes in the GUI environment (non-3D). In a small test program, I can get one to appear over the 3D environment and it will disappear when I click on it with a mouse as you would expect. I am working on another 6000-line program with the same basic structure as the small test program just mentioned and yet I can't get the message box to go away by clicking OK. Yes, there are about 20 conditionals in my game loop (more than the test program) which might have something to do with it. The basic code in both programs is:

I have tried various arrangements with clearevent and clear entry buffer but cannot get the it to close. Interestingly, if I hold down the spacebar, which depresses the OK button, and then hit the OK button several times, the message box will close and the game loop will resume normally. I would appreciate any insights. Thx.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 11:03:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 11:03:11