Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBconv and Conv3ds not working...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 23:57
Hi! Remember in the Darkbasic tools there was a DBconv tool that changed your .3ds files into .x files? Anyone remeber how to use this? All I get is a "file not found" error when I try to run it. I tried someones suggestion of using Conv3ds from the Microsoft DirectX SDK but it won't work either. I've tried all the forum suggestions I could find on converting .3ds files into .x files but so far none of them work.

If someone who can get DBconv to work could remind me how it works, I'd be grateful.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 00:17
You just put the .3ds file into the same directory as the convertor program, run the program and follow the instructions. Easy as staying on a log.
Orgull
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 01:22
Thanks for the reply Darthster, but DBconv has no instructions. If you click it, nothing happens. If you go to run then Type in "DBconv" and then the filename you want to convert, you will get a "file not found error. And I've tried putting several different .3ds files into the original DBconv directory. I've also tried copying DBconv to the directory the .3ds files are in and were created in. No luck yet.

-sigh-

I guess I'm just going to have to learn how to use 3D Canvas, since it save to .x files as it's default (apparently)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:45:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:45:58