Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / DLL Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2007 19:32
Hi all,
This post is for you all to post you dll requests, if you want a new command for DBPro or a set or commands then post them here and i will see what i can do about making it. But the main purpose is to get ideas for new DLL's and find out what people want.

Thanks

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
me and warship are working on those stuff togeather.

we will make a list of those commands/plugins you want us to make.
it could be anything that you want, networking, archiving, smart functions/methods, dialogs/popups or anything else that you got in your mind. that you really feel like you cant without it in your project.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2007 20:16 Edited at: 14th Sep 2007 20:18
Does a DLL exist that let me encrypt my files?
For example in my game I want to protect the media that I bought/made.

If a dLL exists already, what is it called? (I haven't searched yet, as I don't need one right now) If it doesn't exist, then, there you go!

edit,
On second thought, making my own is probably better, as other users might use the same DLL and easily decrypt my files again

So, never mind this post!

I allways afraided from a clowns. aww..
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
there is an option..
you can protect the files of yours using your own password to open them.

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2007 22:37
Depends on the encryption-decryption system.
I've personally tended to use AES, for encrypting data with a default hash key for that program; then on each decryption generate a new hash that is stored securely.

If you make sure that the security system is actually something built-in to Windows (like Windows Encryption System) then you'll find that it makes it extremely difficult for people to trace, especially in Vista where the information is held within a protected area of the hard disk that there is no access to without going through an TCPA compliant CPU (basically anything AthlonXP/Pentium4 era and after) otherwise it destroys the data.

A main aspect that prevents tampering this way is it is a 2048bit protection system; so even if someone strong-armed it, you're looking at someone with a top-end (8 processor (cores) at 6GHz equivilant) pc a good 2 weeks just to hack it. That's running at full capacity, and no computer will remain stable at 100% usage for 2weeks straight; there has to be a dip in power else they burn out.

So unless they get lucky, it'll be too much trouble to break; especially given they'll also have to be running your app.

WES can be circumvented with a bootloader hack, but that hack has to be specific to your app. So unless you make the best thing since sliced bread the sheer fact of not having much space (512K) to play with in the boot-loader will prevent this. Sure they could change it each time they want to use something different, but they also would have to reboot each time. So it's not likely they'll bother.

Protection on the whole doesn't need to be solid, just solid enough to piss off anyone attempting to crack it so they give up.
A previous protection system I worked on a couple of years back basically ping-ponged with several key layers; which sure took about 25sec in all to get any data in/out, but that data would be commited straight to memory. The layers ment it couldn't be strong-armed (512-bit 8-Layer AES Protection) would just take far to bloody long for most.

It could've been hacked, but point is that realistically it made life hell for anyone trying. Just as soon as they think they had got one encryption the last one might invalidate. Meaning they'd have to start again.
Keeping encryption cycling is a very good way, it's how WiFi adapters do it with WEP iirc; where you first have a base key to lock a WiFi adapter that is set prior to starting. Then you store several other keys (upto 16 on mine) that every few minutes it'll cycle to the next. It then handshakes with part of the code that those adapters also have stored from when they initialise the connection. They recieve part of the hash, which then then check the hashs of the current keys they have to find a match and send back another part.

Due to the time limitation, means no forced entry is possible so a different approach has to be taken to break in to such networks; which again is possible but no system is fool proof.

That said with such systems it doesn't matter if the public know what is going on; atleast at the user level. Knowing what is going on in the background however gives hackers a starting point, but remember more processing power and built-in hardware encryption systems mean you can really make their life such a pain even if they knew exactly what was going on they would be left with only one choice .. strong-arm hacking, which requires far more power to keep up in real-time.

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 00:47
yes there is a encryption plug in like raven just explained to you anyone got an DLL ideas yet?

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 14:33
a decent 3d engine
which is a point actually, weren't you guys working on DarkGL at one point?

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 15:08
nope i don't think so! And i think we were thinking of making small dll's to start with. But it is an idea to consider for a later project.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
plz dont post pointless dll reqest.. we are intrested for plugins that got a use for people.

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 12:37
Quote: "plz dont post pointless dll reqest.. we are intrested for plugins that got a use for people."

How about this, rather than being rude. Sit down and design a game (you don't have to physically make it) for each genre.

Then figure out what aspects of DBP it would take to create it, and what would be good to have to help make it easier, quicker or make something possible.

My suggestion was actually very serious, despite my cheeky disposition making it. A brand new 3D Engine for DBP that actually does what TGC claimed theirs would, really would be something I'd like.

almost everything else I can think of IanM or Nick Kinsley has beating everyone to. That doesn't mean you can remake what they've done, as most of the time their stuff isn't exactly the easier to get on with.

MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 16:30 Edited at: 16th Sep 2007 16:31
Additional Gadgets that are compatable with BlueGui Windows, Thats what I need

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@Raven, if you know me well enough over that forums, i made soo many plugins that helped me with my games.

@MSon: i belive that stuff for BlueGUI creator

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 22:48
How about a dll for sorting variable contents.

for example,
I have a variable: My_Array( "abc", "ghi", "def" ).
And then a command would be:
Sort Array My_Array()
And it is sorted: My_Array( "abc", "def", "ghi" )

Something like this would be interesting, and useful for me and GameManager.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh.. sorting by ABC?
good idea.. maybe ill make that.
but i belive it exist already over dbp.. check it plz before i start

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 00:51
@Lukas,
Sorting plain arrays was done quite a while back by me - It's on my TODO list to update and rolling into the utility plug-in pack.

It can be downloaded from this page

@Raven,
Quote: "as most of the time their stuff isn't exactly the easier to get on with."

For instance? I'd be happy to accept any suggestions you have - just post them in the utility thread.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 03:12
What I would really like is an external data file that DBP can read from dynamically. e.g. a zip or rar file that individual files can seamlessly be loaded from.

My Robotron remake - http://norrish.force9.co.uk/robotron
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 12:08
IanM,
Found it, Thanks.

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 17:31
Quote: "What I would really like is an external data file that DBP can read from dynamically. e.g. a zip or rar file that individual files can seamlessly be loaded from."

thats a good idea i will add it to the list which we will work though!

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 17:26
a Debugging log file system -

which could be used for both "Timing" Statistics - How much Time in "MyCoolSpriteAnimator" per call? Average? (Or CSV so can be analyzed in a database)

ALSO - Very important - (But WAY SLOW - but good Dev tool) for this kind of text file output if turned on:

Another diag tool that is really the primitive for the above is an easy to use logging system that has just raw appends:

Where the output would then toss in the TimeStamp, Routine Name, The "Unique message ID" (20070920102123 is the example - by using a timestamp of when you enter the line in your code - down to the sec - you have a unique id in you log you can trace back a bit easier in your code.)

Making the file format CSV - allows easy import into whatever you want for analysis.

When I'm doing backoffice type apps where a user interface is not always available - and even when it is - having these kinds of logging tools and the ability to turn them on/off (because they obviously ... especially the nesting trace.. can slow your program to an absolute crawl ) are a necessity as they give important data for analysis... to help "benchmark" and locate where bugs are happening etc.

Just a thought. You wanted serious

revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2007 11:02 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2007 11:19
How about a Dll that allows you to load an object as terrain that works like AT. you could split the model and texture into sections, then hide/show the appropriate parts with a command similar to update terrain(). then we could have huge, really high poly terrain with shaders.

Then you could even go as far as to creating something like an array within the dll for each section of terrain, which can be used to store coordinates, angles and scale. then they would have their own commands to retrieve the positions like:

sort_current_section_positions_by_distance

for slot=1 to numofslots
if position_relevant(slot) `decides if the position is on screen
tmpX#=get_Xpos(slot)
tmpY#=get_Ypos(slot)
tmpZ#=get_Zpos(slot)
tmpangX=get_Xang(slot)
tmpangY=get_Yang(slot)
tmpangZ=get_Zang(slot)
tmpscaleX=get_Xscale(slot)
tmpscaleY=get_Yscale(slot)
tmpscaleZ=get_Zscale(slot)
endif
next slot

If that could be done, then groups could be added, so we could setup different objects in each group, for example a different kind of tree in each group. If that could be done, It would no doubt expand the possibilities the worlds we create.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 09:48:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 09:48:58