Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / winsock plugin performance?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2007 17:52
How is the performance on this dll vs multisync? Just running a check to see if there are any new packets with multisync drops the framerate from 1200 to 12 (actual figures, i'm not exagerating). It drops even more when there are new packets.

So right now I'm concerned about performance since I concider such a drastic framerate loss on a quadcore system running a 16x pci-express video card and 4gigs of ram to be just a little too slow.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=73342&b=5

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2007 18:59
Quote: "Just running a check to see if there are any new packets with multisync drops the framerate from 1200 to 12 (actual figures, i'm not exagerating)."

Care to show us some code? I find it highly unlikely that just checking for new packets would drop the framerate that dramatically on anyone's computer.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 00:04:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 00:04:26