Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Can eXtends' xGUI use normal fonts?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2007 21:33 Edited at: 25th Sep 2007 23:14
Is it possible to make xGUI in eXtends use normal Windows TTF fonts instead of xFont bitmap fonts? Bitmap fonts are pretty and all, but they're fixed width and take up an inordinate amount of space on the screen. Not to mention you xFont bitmap fonts can only do 8, 16 and 32 sized fonts. 8 is too small, 16 is too big. I want to use 12 instead.

(EDIT)
How might I also go about making text in a text widget wrap? For that matter, how do I add a new line? r and n are not working, neither is rn nor nr. They actually display as such So obviously xGUI is not using the C/C++ common expressions library.

(EDIT AGAIN)
Either "xgui set dialog gadget" is broken, "xgui send dialog" is broken, or both are broken. Even in the actual "xgui-chatsystem" example program they're not working.

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2007 14:48
Hi Lucy,

I will check all these "requests" for eXtends 1.4 release.
the two commands "xgui set dialog gadget" and "xgui send dialog" correctly work on my computer with my actual eXtends development build. I will try re-install 1.3 released by TGC to see if it was a bug in the build or something else.

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators
http://www.odyssey-creators.com

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Atmosfear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 01:42
I tried the "xgui-chatsystem" with eXtends 1.3 and can confirm that it wont work properly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 09:15:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 09:15:35