Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Collision required for objects (fast and simple?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 17:57
i've made a huge building complete with interior with anim8or ([url]www.anim8or.com[/url]).
I've loaded it and textured it for my FPS and it works fine,but, i need collision code so i can't walk through the walls of my building (im inside the building which has walls, it is hollow inside). So if anyone cud tell me ten it would get you a good FPS game out of it. (small and easy code and NOT SLOW, maths collision will do fine ).
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 19:14
What about converting to a BSP ?

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Sly D
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah i have the same problems with collision.Only i have more objects.

cypher
Years of Service
User Offline
I too am looking for this answer, I have created an entire world in 3D Studio Max, converted to .x and now my character runs right through walls and hills.

Any collision help would be great. Cyber_Freak, if I find the answer I will post here.

Cypher

Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 18:32
Here are a few ideas, options, hope they help

1. Polygon-ray intersection.. I don't fully get this yet but darkbasic.net has some snippets from Yarbles.

2. Divide up your level into seperate .x objects and write a sliding collision function to use either..
2.1 Build in poly collision
2.2 Intersect Object

3. Make your own small collision editor and draw static collision boxes around the walls.

4. Load your map into CShop and use its exported collision box data to write your own math collision.

Cheers,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:15:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:15:47