Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Invaders 2003 - Alpha

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 08:41 Edited at: 12th Jun 2003 09:07
Hi all, just wanted to enter this in now that it's sort of presentable. Let me know what you think.

Based on the original Space Invaders, the first demo level will play just like the original (with a few twists). Further levels take place at different locations and challange you in different ways. I should have a demo out in about a month with the first few levels although I have no way to host it. If anyone has the bandwidth (including this site) and is willing to host please contact me. At this point I will only show this pic as I want the free demo level to be filled with my original complete idea of what Invaders should be. This is alpha software... thanks for taking the time to check this out!

This project was started 3 weeks ago. All artwork is mine, including the 3D models and are created from scratch. Not trying to impress, just stating some facts. Currently I am the only one working on this project. If you feel you have something to add please feel free to contact me.

Any questions please email: bytecode1@hotmail.com

Thanks!
- Draez

Completed:
- Fully functional game logic.. is playable even now (check my sys specs for playability)
- Storm effects
- Characters innards are fully visible
- Full sound and music (although more of each might be added later)
- Glow effect of transparent aliens complete

Things currently working on:
- Landscape still needs to be filled in as it is quite empty still
- More creature "innards" are being added daily
- Menu system has to be added
- Intro has to be added

Of particular notice:
- The sky in the background moves and it has lightning effects (non-cheesy)
- The cockpit glass reflects the instrumentation within the cockpit
- You can look around the cockpit and outside of it (with mouse)
- The green transparent pillars visible in some of the pics are a 3d ver of the shields in the original. You can (and they can) pic it apart
- Aliens come down on you instead of coming directly at you
- Turret moves left and right.. also can move up and down for better view although the gun itself will not move up and down as I feel this would stray too far away from the basics of the original.

For a larger image please click http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ssain2/temp/Invaders2003Teaser.jpg

Draez
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2003 08:43 Edited at: 12th Jun 2003 09:02
sorry about the big pic.. if need be i can put a smaller on in there

(Updated: I put the smaller pic as the one that comes up and just added a link to a larger sized ver if interested)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:27:17