Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / TPC dlls made in pascal?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 09:29
Is it possible to write TPC DLLs in free pascal? if not, what are the languages that are capable of such a task?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 10:55
Probably - you can write plug-ins in any language that can produce a non-COM or non-.NET language and that allows string resources straight out of the box.

You can write them in languages that don't support string resources as long as you don't mind using a resource editor to add them later.

You can write them in .NET languages as long as you don't mind using one of the utilities that turns them into a standard DLL type.

So the answer is probably yes.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 15:06
Thanks Ian, But I have decided to rephrase my question. Do you think It is possible to create "True" TPC plugins, or would I have to use call Dll?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 15:32
Probably yes, but I don't know the type of DLL's that free pascal produces. I'd hoped I'd given you enough information about what DBPro accepts that you could investigate further yourself.

What type of DLL does freepascal produce?
Can you include resource strings in the DLL?

If the answer is 'standard DLL's' and 'yes' then you can do it without further tools.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 17:42
Ok, it looks like I am going to have to use a resource editor to get them working. I am sorry to annoy you, but my ignorance of dll creation, and my very limited pascal experience is what invoked such a question. In fact, I had to look up what a string resource even is, since I have only programmed in different dialects of the Basic language (other than pascal for the last month). Once again, Thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 16:11:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 16:11:06