Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics FPS code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 02:19
i need some help converting this code to using character control box.

if someone can convert this or explain how to , then i will be forever thankful, thanks

culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 01:11
Well, first off I wouldn't recommend using that disgusting character controller, instead use sparky's and a bounding camera box like I am. I can post my code if you want.

If you really want to, you're gonna need a guide box for your character (around your camera) anyway. Start by doing that.
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 01:50
i have the code now thanks though

thebulk71
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 12:26
the character controller is awsome for making fps games... seems noone has the courage to explore its possibilities.

if you want the character to jump then orient it upwards and tell it to move forwards so many units.... same applies for down when applying gravity, and again the same applies for moving left or right.

the important issue is to reset the character controller to it's initial orientation at the end of your code loop.

If you don't manage then I might hav some code for you. but its usually best to acheive such things for yourself
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 04:16
yeah, I did PoPR movement with it, I don't think people give it enough credit, you just have to find work arounds for things like positioning it. Glad you got it worked out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 15:11:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 15:11:34