Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Yamaha DGX-620 Keyboard & Tracks

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 21:54 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2007 21:56
Very recently my grandparents bought me a portable keyboard for gigs, the Yamaha DGX-620, and I must say it's a great keyboard.

It's full size (88 keys), with fully weighted keys, and very realistic piano voices. In total it has 500 different voices, a lot of which are pretty realistic, although I don't see myself using all of them.

Apart from those vital features, there are two other cool features of this keyboard. Firstly, there are 'styles' where you pick a style and it plays a drum beat according to what you choose. Secondly, it has an accompaniment feature where you play chords on the bottom end of the piano, and it plays bass/guitar/strings/etc along with what you play, according to the style you're using. Very cool indeed, and I'm sure it'll be very helpful.

There are some other features such as 'Performance Assistant' and 'Easy Song Arranger', but I haven't really looked at them yet.

Anyway, I've done a couple of quick recordings with the accompaniment feature on to show what it's like. They were both recorded in one go each, with the left hand doing chords and the right hand free to improvise.

Track 01 - Starts off with a Final Fantasy tune and then goes into something I made up on the spot.

Track 02 - A brief recording of some jazz. The actual track I did is longer but I wanted to cut down on the file size.

It's given me inspiration to want to start writing music again.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 21:54
The other track...

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2007 22:11
I really like the style in the first track, especially after 0:35. The jazz track is nice too(and I'm not even into jazz music ). I'll look forward to a full length track from you soon

Oh, and congratulations with the Yamaha!

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 02:52 Edited at: 24th Oct 2007 02:53
So that's what you meant with "The Yamaha DGX-620 is cool" on MSN, you were most likely referring to your new Yamaha DGX-620 keyboard.

Congratulations, have fun playing and don't ruin it by smashing the keys all too hard, it sounded pretty expensive.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 03:28
Thanks guys.

Quote: "don't ruin it by smashing the keys all too hard"

I'll try not to. It seems pretty durable so far though.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 04:33
Dude that was sick, you can really rip up the ivories Benjamin.

I'm going to eat you!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 01:40
Thanks Bear.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:13:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:13:23