Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / blue gui.dba 2004 works but not new gui.dba 2006

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 22:06
I've been going nuts over the past two weeks because blue gui worked in some of my programs but not in others. I've been writeing small programs just to test things. Now I've discovered the reason. gui.dba must be includded but since I've updaterad I now have it in two different flavors. 2004 and 2006 version. The 2006 version dosn't work right with menu clicks. The two different versions are att to different places on my computer I sometime included the one and sometimes the other, thinking they were both the same.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2004 version
#constant MENU_CLICK 0x111

2006 version
`old value - #constant MENU_CLICK 0x111
#constant MENU_CLICK 0x0400+1

Anyone know the reason for the change and what it was suppost to do?????

May the sun shine on the soles of your feet.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 22:52
The change was probably made so that the same constant worked with different controls. The code value is the same as WM_USER (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644931.aspx).

Ensure that you have the latest version of Blue GUI and then use the latest include file, that should sort out your problems. Otherwise, contact the author (Robert?) directly.

Synergy Editor - Available in the WIP forum
Slaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 09:19
That got me thinking and here's what the problem was.

Dark Basic Professional Online--->Compiler--->plugins-user

In this folder I had not changed the dll to the new one. gui2.dll

So in one place on the computer(Blue Gui folder) I had the latest changes but not inside the Dark Basic folder, which seem to make it ignore the changes.
Thanks for the help

May the sun shine on the soles of your feet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 22:14:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 22:14:49