Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i just bought dp and it's pretty cool. i'm playing around with the vehicle and the terrain static object and it's very easy, and stable.

i have an attached screenshot showing this. i think i can easily create a racing game now, previously unimaginable.

i'm having a bit of trouble with the camera place ment. it's just too jerky.

Here's my code:

it's not exactly clean or anything like that, lol. but the function that I'm using is called function ezRotateFunction(objNum, objNumTwo, camNum, offsetX#, offsetY#, offsetZ#)

This function uses the ez rotate commands. it works fine--it does what it's supposed to, but its very shaky. Anyone know of a better way to position a camera behind an object?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 15:45 Edited at: 27th Oct 2007 15:47
SET CAMERA TO FOLLOW maybe

u might have already done that though

In my one, I just did it so there was a variable called angle or whatever, and as the objec rotated, the variable increased and decreased... Then I set the camera to follow the object like that.

"I'm a firm believer that if a team scores one goal, then the other has to score two to win."
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a hummer i made. not textured.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 22:54
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
yes thanks, i've come across a problem though which i am still confused about.

I'm exporting with 3ds max 8, and when I put it in the dark physics engine the wheels turn in the opposite way. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but it just doesn't work correctly.

I think the problem has to do with the limb coordinates and heirachy in max and it somehow not correctly translated into dbpro.

I might have to manually program the wheels as limbs inside of dbpro. So far, I haven't actually managed to squeeze in any time for this.

But the other vehicles from dark matter collection works fine.

Buy some new FPSCreator Ready Characters at:
http://www.freewebs.com/fpscharacters/
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 06:09

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 00:39:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 00:39:24