Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / New Song! Need Criticism

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 07:32
Well, a demo for a song..

Please tell me what you think about it/what it needs.

Thanks

Nintendo Fanboy: 37%, Sony Fanboy: 25%, Microsoft Fanboy: 39%

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Benji
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 08:29
Not bad, it just needs more to it. It's a little repetitive.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds cool, but it sounds like it's a buildup to a song, i was always expecting an overdrive guitar comming in and the drums starting or something like that..

Lord Voldemort needs no signature!
Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 19:59
Quote: "sounds cool, but it sounds like it's a buildup to a song, i was always expecting an overdrive guitar comming in and the drums starting or something like that.."

Haha, that's actually what it is!
If you listen to the end you hear more guitar fading in

ZDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 00:46
so post the rest!! I wanna hear the blaring guitar!!!
oh, and I like what you got, but I think it needs to be shorter and maybe remove the cymbal with it's cool little beat. It just doesn't match the beat of the guitar.

Ok. Let's do this. Leroooooooyyy Jenkiiiiiiinnnnnnss.
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 06:38
I like the cymbals. I think you should add one more at the start of the bar at 1:14 or thereabouts. And then go into some crazy metal at the end. It's good, but it sounds like an intro in my opinion... sounds like it wants to go somewhere else...

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2007 19:36
and the rest of the song:
diddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-owww
shakda-shakda-diddle-wowwwwwwwww

The timing is a bit off in places but it's a good start (talking bout your music not my stupid diddling )

"You must be someone's friend to make comments about them." - MySpace lied.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 07:56
There are some timing issues when the thump thumps come in at around '26-30, then around '40 when the hi hat sizzles come in it's not really together with the rest of the groove. It all eventually kinda melds back together at the end, but if you're looking to make an intro to a rocking guitar riff, then you might want some more definition in your rhythms. I heard some triplet bass drum rhythms which is quite interesting, but combining that with the sort of out of time thump thumps kind of drug out the song, which is the opposite of you what you're looking for. You want to slowly build and crescendo into when the lead guitar enters, right?

I'm going to eat you!
Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 10:14
Thanks for the comments!

This is still a WIP, I need to re-record the guitar, because as you can tell it is a bit off beat. The songs I'm working on now are pretty much sketches, so that when I record the final song I'll know what I'm going for and, hopefully, get a better sound. I have a demo of the 'blaring guitar' you guys wanted, even though its probably not even close to what anyone will expect.. It's called "The Still Age"
2nd song on the list..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:55:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:55:22