Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Staff deleting posts?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I posted a question here earlier today, got one reply, and now, suddenly, my post is gone. It had nothing foul or profane, was not rude in any way or inflammatory.

Is there some type of censorship on this board? Just curious. I am on the verge of buying software now for game creation, and my question was about DBPro features compared to another application. I hope its not a situation where because another application was mentioned, that the post was deleted. If so, that would really reflect negatively on the folks here.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 06:56
Yeah, it happened with me once. Sometimes they think we are joking or something. I also asked about DB and DBpro and BB speed and the post is gone. Welcome to DB forum bud
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 15:53
i also enquired about anyone ever used purebasic in the off topic board and that got squashed too maybe freedom of speech is too much for DB. I tried to keep the post free of advocassey.

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Pro
Reece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 16:20
If any post is about comparing DB this BB then I dont blame them if they delete it.
Every week a new post gets put on asking this question when its been debated about many times before.

Drop it,look back to earlier posts, its all there!
Shem
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, actually I had researched the boards earlier on the same topic...and found some general discussion. My question was about certain specifics as it relates to speed and the clarity of textures.

I got the db demo, and to date most of the demos I have seen have really bad looking bitmap textures and/or bitmaps, and a very "dark" look in general. Also, it seems as if DX8 needs to be installed, or else it runs VERY slow....8 to 10 frames per second on a Pentium III 650 with 256 MB RAM and 8 MB VRAM.

The biker demo, for example, also has a weird FOV or something, causing there to be distortion in the way the bikers are rendered. I am assuming that these are not limitations of DBPro but of the people making the demos, but nowhere have I been able to find a good demo with crisp, clean professional looking textures,(console quality), good speed, etc.

Is there some type of unofficial showcase somewhere where I can find professional quality demos ?

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 17:36
In DBpro homepage you can go to the download sector and get some demos. I think DBpro is too new to already have a professional thing wrote on it. And the problems are many, maybe that's why the posts are getting deleted, the dudes are trying to fix the staff and we are pissin' em lol.
But one thing they should post. I not really care if DBpro will be backward compatible with DB, but they must decide it now cause NONE demos from DB are compiling in DBpro. U can tell me to set backdrop off or whatever...If it compiles, it gets too messed up to be fixed.
As I said, I dont care if they will improve the backward thing, but they should really say yes or no. Atm, it does not...
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 21:10
Yeah, looks like the mods are going to be extra strict when it comes to posting about competing programs. Not a bad thing but sometimes the DBvs** topics are fun.
Orgull
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 22:49
Hey, Shem. I'm getting the "dark" textures too with the DBPro Demo, I hope this problem is not going to happen with the full version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:19:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:19:31