Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / API style changing DLL's - such as BlueGUI's manifest file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 15:35
Hi,
I just downloaded Synergy IDE and was impressed by the ability to change the style of the windows and buttons. I presume that it is done in much the same way that you can force BlueGUI to use XP themes by including the manifest.dll file.
Can anyone tell me if I am correct and if so, where would I find other themes that I can use to change BlueGUI's resulting appearance.

Thanks

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 18:41
Synergy Editor (well the underlying GUI library) works by overriding the default windows calls that are made when components are drawn to the screen. Therefore I doubt you have the flexibility to do this using DarkBASIC Professional.

You can try an external product like app face (http://www.appface.com/eng/index.htm) and see if that will work with Blue GUI.

Synergy Editor - Available in the WIP forum
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 20:07
Thanks John.
I downloaded the appface demo but couldn't get it to work with BlueGUI. It's not a bad thing though because I have no intention of paying the prices they are asking for what is essentially a bit of window dressing ... never mind, I will stick to what I have.
Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 22:25:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 22:25:21