Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / phy make distance joint 1, 2, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 1.0 min and max distance dosn't work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 14:07
I'm doing something wrong but what. Just playing around with the demos to trying out some ideas, but I cann't get distance joint to work the way the way I thought they worked. I used

phy set rigid body position 3,0.0,5.0,0.0
(this is the only change in the demo program and its placed right before "phy update")

to lock the first sphere in place, but it dosen't, the second sphere slowly pulls it down. But the real problem is that the min and max distance isn't affecting the second sphere, it's allways the same distance from the first when it pulls on it. Shouldn't the max distance keep it from going to far away, no more than the max distance I set it to? I've set it from 1.0 to 10.0 and it's allways the same. What gives??????
Thanks for any help anyone can give.

May the sun shine on the soles of your feet.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 14:45
I don't know the answer, but I had issues too. I had a sphere attached to the back of a car with a distance joint, so the car could "drag" it along. The distance should have been 3 - 5 units, but ended up at 50 or more units away from the car.

Slaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 17:22
Maybe someone has a workaround..

Here's what I was thinking of doing.
I have a tank with a revoling turret. It was modeled just slitly high on the Y axis so it's allway a bit off the ground. So if the wheels and track just hang there with a min and max to how far they can move up and down, when the tank creasts a hill or gose over a ditch, the wheels and track will go down slitly making it look like the suspention is working. When it really not.

Any Ideas outthere on how to get this to work??
glad for any input. I've been trying for week but cann't quite get it right.

May the sun shine on the soles of your feet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 14:06:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 14:06:58