Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / can sparky collision and newton physics exist simultaneously?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2007 22:51
well, just as the topic says, i have a little bit of a program i've started using just the sparky dll for collision but now im looking to implement some physics and wondering if sparky and newton can exist in the same world. the main reason im asking is because the program is pretty lengthy as of now and i'd hate to have to go back and rewrite everything just to use the newton physics. kinda like using sparkys for collision and newton for the physics. ive searched for quite some time through the forums and couldn't find anything related to this, but then again, maybe i've overlooked it.
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 05:10
I have read that some people have used them together, but when I tried a while back Newton interfered with sparky's raycasting.
dlefik 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 20:02
Quote: "I have read that some people have used them together, but when I tried a while back Newton interfered with sparky's raycasting."

i was afraid of one interfering with the other, and i know most people would just stick with one or the other but i'd hate to have to recode everything all over again since i've got everything working just the way i want it up to this point. plus, i'm not really comfortable yet with newtons other than reading some of the help files and examining the demos that come with it.

maybe i should probably just try it and hope for the best. i just thought if someone knew off hand to save me the headaches.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 07:09:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 07:09:19